Early morning in Vuosaari 20/12

Edit My Images
Yes
We got sunshine!! :bonk: It has been few days since the last time we saw sun over here in Helsinki. And to top it all up, I have a day off today. So, got up and went to our balcony to grab few shots of the sunrise. Here's two that I have decided to 'share with the world'.

IMG_9970_copy.jpg

IMG_9958_copy.jpg

Thanks for having a look and feel free to comment on the snaps!

IMG_9974.jpg

And this last one was two hours after the first one...

I like the second one, the colours are strong without being too saturated. I also think the wider angle gives the shot more context, you can see that it is a cityscape but in 1 and 3 you can't be sure.

A lovely set of sunrise shots (y)

The last one is sunset yes? Nice shots, my favourite is the second one.

No1 the shadows are blocked.
No2 A perspective correction is needed, the building on the left is falling over.
No 3 shadows blocked.
Overall the images lack impact and do not therefore, hold the viewers attention.
Have you tried HDR?...scenes like this were made for it.
Hope I haven't offended you but I am trying to help you by giving you my honest opinion.
Tom

Thanks for comments :

First to Steep - No the last one is also sunrise. Not sure if it has any EXIF data so you can check the time.. but it sure was morning when I took it.

And for Tom - Not offended by your comments, it is always nice to hear views. No matter which way to go..
I know what you mean with the tower in the second one. I suppose that's what you get for using a 10-20mm lens.
And, no I haven't dapped into HDR, should have a little go at it I suppose. As I do take snaps during the early and late hours (well that's all we have in FInland during the winter..)

Back