Early Morning Mist - Lake District

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on Sunday morning from Watermillock toward Ullswater. The line of black dots are rooks heading for the lake. i wasn't sure whether to leave them in or not, any suggestions?

Thanks for looking and all C & C is welcome. (y)

Cheers

Andy

Land-ends---Morning---fligh.jpg

I like the shot but I would lose the rooks. They dont look like they belong to the picture.

Nice photo.

The image is great, the rooks look like specs of dirt at first glance. I think they should go too.

Cheers guys,

I'll take a metaphorical shotgun to those pesky birds tonight.

Andy

Is that lightning striking the hill top in the background?

Or a bird with a very poorly tummy perhaps. :cautious:

It does look very much like a lightning strike doesn't it.

I'd keep the birds in myself, partly because I think they add to the shot and make it a little more distinct than the usual misty shot and partly because I'm still a bit odd about removing so much from a shot. If I'd have wanted it without the birds, I'd have taken a frame after they'd gone past. ;)

I like it even with the birds in it. For me it was clear what they were and adds to the image nicely. The shot has great clouds, mist and light so I really like it. Love the Lake District now and plan on going back again in December on the way up to Scotland.

Is that lightning striking the hill top in the background?

I've zoomed in and the 'lightning strike' continues along the edge between the darker and lighter clouds towards the left. I've never seen lightning do that before but I took 40 shots in the 45 mins around the time I took this and theres no sign on any other photos. :shrug:

Andy

Great picture but I too would lose the dots.

Really like the shot, although the birds don't do anything for me.

That lightening is frikkin cool though!

I've printed it out with and without birds and I still can't decide whether they are ok or not. Oh well, if thats all I've got to worry about things aren't too bad eh?

Andy

Great shot Andy, and getting that lightning is just amazing. Not sure about the birds, my first thought was dirt too...

Back