Early morning mist - processing added

Name
Jean
Edit My Images
Yes
The heavy mist this morning made all my shots look flat and murky, so I did a bit of processing to try and get a more dramatic result.

DSC_2283LR.jpg

I really would like criticism on this - I' undecided whether it was worth the effort or not. :LOL:

Thanks for looking

Jean

Last edited:
Thats a very good shot, very moody and reminds me of a Tim Burton scene.

might be me but it looks as if it needs a tweak to the right, was it worth the effort, definitely.

Lovely atmosphere and colours. Foreground seems a tad oof though.

Great atmosphere,Just wish i had got up earlier this morning...

Thank you kindly everybody. I needed someone to tell me if it was worth trying a few more techniques/shots - so I really appreciate the feedback. :)

Thats a very good shot, very moody and reminds me of a Tim Burton scene.

Wow - He takes photography to a different planet imo. :)

might be me but it looks as if it needs a tweak to the right, was it worth the effort, definitely.

You're quite right - I didn't spot it. :bang:

Lovely atmosphere and colours. Foreground seems a tad oof though.

Thanks - I was playing about with dof - and this one didn't work so well. :bonk:

Jean

Really like this. Good DoF, nice lead in and nice lightplay on the background trees. Makes me want to take a stroll down there.

I really like this, the mist and light make it for me! But it looks a bit slanted, maybe a bit of clockwise rotation?

I like it a lot, feels moody and atmospheric...but...if I may, I agree with the tilt

make the path a little more horizontal and you have it :)

. Makes me want to take a stroll down there.

Thank you Dudie. It's my daily walk with the dogs. :)

Makes you wonder whats coming out of the mist!! imo

Thank you jc55. I always hope for a herd of deer, but it's usually my own dogs covered in mud - or worse! :LOL:

Really like this but, like it's been said, rotate it to the right a bit.

I really like this, the mist and light make it for me! But it looks a bit slanted, maybe a bit of clockwise rotation?

I like it a lot, feels moody and atmospheric...but...if I may, I agree with the tilt

make the path a little more horizontal and you have it :)

Thanks Northstar100, Liam and David - I really should have spotted that tilt :bang:

Jean

Love it! It's like something out of a fairytale, albeit a darker one :D

Very nice stuff indeed...great atmosphere - perhaps consider cropping or darkening the lighter patch of sky and a slight rotate?

Nice work though!
James

It is a lovely/moody image.

Couple of suggestions, that patch of blue sky mid-top, it distracts so I'd consider cropping or cloning.

Also, the FG is OOF , therefore a possible crop from the bottom to where the left hand side of the lane intersects the frame-the image is strong enough to take it.

Mr Angry2, septh and Les - Thank you all kindly. :)

Couple of suggestions, that patch of blue sky mid-top, it distracts so I'd consider cropping or cloning.

Also, the FG is OOF , therefore a possible crop from the bottom to where the left hand side of the lane intersects the frame-the image is strong enough to take it.

Les - do you mean something like this?

DSC_2283LRV2.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to make suggestions - I was very undecided on this one. :)

Jean

Its a lovely image Jean - I can almost hear the muted sounds muffled by the mist and trees :)

Enigmatic :)

errr - sorry Meat - I'm not sure whether this is a question or a statement :shrug:

It's a real pic taken in the New Forest with some experimental (for me!) pp. Sorry if I'm being thick! :)

Jean

Whatever the PP is I love it. Care to share? :D

Gary.

Right, this is (more or less) what I did:

In SC3

Colour Balance - increased Green by about +25

Levels - mid-tone slider to 0.60

In Brightness/Contrast: Reduce Brightness to -80 (ish), increase Contrast to + 80 (ish)

Plus usual sizing/sharpening for web etc.

I really was just playing about, but that seems to give very similar results to the one I've posted. :)

Jean

Back