Early to bed, early to rise.

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
These two images were taken 11 hours apart.

This one below was taken from my hobby room window at about 7 pm yesterday evening.

IndustrialSunset.jpg

And this one was taken on the way to work at 6.30 am this morning (this is just round the corner from my home).

HarbourSept091.jpg

Both were taken with a fuji S5600 and no processing had been carried out on both pictures.

Two lovely images Ian- hard to pick which I like most :) Skies are great :)

Two lovely images Ian- hard to pick which I like most :) Skies are great :)

Hi John, long time no speak and glad you like them two pictures. Have been seeing some great skies lately so I've decided to be prepared for them with my camera. As you can see I was not disappointed. :)

Personally I prefer the first, a simpler and stronger composition. The colours may be better on No.2 but the boats at the bottom make the shot a little too busy for me.

Personally I prefer the first, a simpler and stronger composition. The colours may be better on No.2 but the boats at the bottom make the shot a little too busy for me.

Yep, I agree with Donna, but was struggling to decide why, so thanks Donna.

Cheers for all the comments, guys. Yes, I do agree about the foreground scenery being slightly on the cluttered side and even thought about cloning out a couple of them boats but decided against it and hoped it adds to the general set up.
Besides, my photoshopping skills aren't up to much. :LOL: However, overall I'm glad I've thought about taking this shot while on my way to work as the window of opportunity has now passed as the sun rises later (while I'm at work) and I have a feeling it's going to be a while before I get to see something like this again.

Back