Earth Calling Venomator ...

Edit My Images
No
Is anybody out there ... ?

DSC_04570232_edited_1.jpg

What message from all the aliens out there ... :suspect1:

Hmmm ... something wrong with the downloading this time ???

Edited by CT...link to full size pic added. :)

?

Have you eaten something you shouldn't?

have you linked to the thumbnail in the gallery rather than the main picture ??

MyPix

It's Spanish you know?

someones found his copy of elements then...

very noisy ,

could do with a filter to soften it

MyPix

hmm its in the critique thread so I'll break my thoughts down into point form :)
1) MyPix I don't think its noise its just way over compressed see point 5
2) from what I can make out I like the composition and subject
3) Is the blue background sky because it doesn't really look like it the blue is not right
4) I hate the border does nothing to aid the picture if anthing distracts from the main image.
5) Why oh why is the image only 62kb? Thats less than 40% of the maximum filesize

To remedy point 4 I recomend making a border like the ones steve tends to use (thats who I copied :D) here's a good example and a stunning photo to gawp at. All you have to do is resize your image to say 565 on the longest side put a stroked line around it then resize the canvas to 570 on the longest and stroke again finally resize the canvas again to 600. I've never used elements does it have actions like CS2? If it does you'll want to set one up for this saves loads of time! again don't know elements but the basic controls are probably in similar places to photoshop so check out this tut steve wrote on how to add borderes with strokes and resizing stuff

Ok Point 5 should be very simple to fix when you save your image after adding you border save for web and follow this tut of matts for the best file quality you can get.

I know the tutorials I've linked to are for photoshop but I'm guessing adobe will have included the functions in elements in pretty much the same places

Finally I think there are some great shots in what you posted they're just let down by the poor file quality and in my opinion some of you new found borders

Why oh why is the image only 62kb?
The pattern is way too irregular for it to be JPEG compression artifacts. Its my belief that there was excessive noise there to begin with, and heavy JPEG compression has made it all very ugly.

An image like this with such a large expanse of the same colour should easily compress to below 30kb. And yeah, I'd lose the border too.

WOW !?! Sorry to post such an obviously cr*p pic - it certainly did not look like that when I started ! :sadcry:

You have really critiqued to bits this time ! And this is exactly what I wanted to assist my postings. :thumb:

Thanks very much guys this really is all such valuable stuff in the steep learning curve I am on ... No pun intended btb Steep and yes, it is Spanish ! :clap:

Why oh why is the image only 62kb?
- I still don't know the answer to this, at least on this particular pic (I have tried going back and starting over too - more work to do here !).:ponders:

Gemok - :ty: Very big thanks pal, some really good stuff and excellent pointers in your comments, and the tuts will certainly help me in future.

A lot of Elements stuff certainly does appear to be similar to CS, in that the tuts instructions in the tuts seem follow the same pattern - (although I have only just got it and have not even touched the tip of the iceberg with it yet !) :confused-

I guess I should have thought of using the tuts before ... but in my impatience ! :banghead:

AND FINALLY - to the borders ... bit of a dig all round really as previous posts have all met with a cry for borders ! Thought this one added to the alien call thing ... clearly not ! I have loads of work to do on the Elements package yet before I can produce stuff a la Steve (thanks again for the link Gemok !). And there is more to borders than meets the eye that is for sure - but I will get there ... eventually ! :smilenod:

Once again thank you all for your kind assistance - I look forward to the next (may be some time as I need to bury myself in elements for a while obviously !?!). :getmecoat

And sorry - I have droned on a bit haven't I ! :eek:ops:

Venomator said:
btb Steep and yes, it is Spanish ! :clap:

20 years an aerial rigger, you learn stuff :)

Back