East Lancs Railway 40s Weekend 24/26th May Bury, Lancs.

Anyone else going?
I'll be there on the Saturday, plenty of photo opportunities!
http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk/whats-on/elr-events/1940s-wartime-weekend/

Yes trying to go again this year - hopefully weather will be as nice as last year...as it was cracking the flags...

Don't think we're having a flypast this year though, which is a real shame, especially as last year they did 2 runs down the track from Ramsbottom, which was very special...

You never know, I might catch up with you this year :)

Andy, PMd you.
Hope to see you all there, I will put my TP strap on for ID!

I'll be there saturday then tatton park on Monday for an American civil war re enactment day
Busy weekend coming up
Yeh, saw that advertised, but out with the family as It's my birthday!
Cant even do what you like on yer own birthday!

Mutter................mutter..................mutter.......

Oh dear. It's a cracking day out at tatton pk
On June 21st -22nd there is a medieval weekend, again a must go to event at tatton

Blast.....damn.....blast!!! going down to Tenby with the old folks! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
I hope to be going all depends if I can get around with a wheel chair
There is disabled (wheelchair) access at all the stations, just ask one of the staff if you require assistance.

Sorry, double post

Last edited:
Sorry I should have said I’m going to Ramsbottom Monday
I’m an ex BR fireman 1956 to 1963

And don't forget on September 14 its the world black pudding throwing championship in Ramsbottom

And don't forget on September 14 its the world black pudding throwing championship in Ramsbottom
Waste of good eating material! (Still be there though!)

Oh missed this post Baz, Acetone if your going can I get a lift
Not as good as last years Dave, down to the weather though. Dull from 10 till 12, then pittled down till 4-30. sun came out just as we were heading home!
Forecast better for Sum & Mon, so you should be ok. Cracking mock battle at Rammy in the afternoon!
Adie sends his regards, wanted to know if you were coming.

Hi Baz

Sorry not been in touch, didn't manage to get there today - crappy weather and Tonsillitis - not the best combination :(

Did you manage to get anywhere near the Spitfire ?

Might try for tomorrow...

Speak soon

A

Hi Baz

Sorry not been in touch, didn't manage to get there today - crappy weather and Tonsillitis - not the best combination :(

Did you manage to get anywhere near the Spitfire ?

Might try for tomorrow...

Speak soon

A

Nope, no spitfire! photo opportunities were a bit strangled as everyone was trying to shelter from the rain, still, got a few keepers, will sort them and post some soon.
Catch you again soon I hope!

Oh, it was supposed to be on Tesco car park in Rammy...

I'll try to have a look tomorrow
Take care...

Oh, it was supposed to be on Tesco car park in Rammy...

I'll try to have a look tomorrow
Take care...

Ahhh, didn't get that far, we were waylaid by a sign in a café that said "HOME MADE CORNED BEEF HASH" so we just HAD to go in!

And this after your big breakfast in Bury...:rolleyes:

Nooo! we had a 'Double Decker' Crispy ham and two eggs on toasted ciabatta!

Waste of good eating material! (Still be there though!)

Not as good as last years Dave, down to the weather though. Dull from 10 till 12, then pittled down till 4-30. sun came out just as we were heading home!
Forecast better for Sum & Mon, so you should be ok. Cracking mock battle at Rammy in the afternoon!
Adie sends his regards, wanted to know if you were coming.

going bird spotting tomoz so cant make it now sorry say Hi to Ade

Back