Eastbourne Speedway (Full throttle action!)

Name
Barry Price
Edit My Images
No
Went down to Eastbourne Speedway at the Arlington Stadium on Sunday and had a good days shooting some of the speedway stars doing there pre season preparation.
Some spectacular action from Lewis Bridger and Cameron Woodward especially.
Here's some action for all you speedway fans..Cheers Barry
Canon 350D-Sigma 80-400OS APO DG

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3777_copy.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3744_copy.jpg

IMG_3770_copy.jpg

IMG_3806_copy.jpg

Nailed them bud, excellento(y)(y)

VROOM VROOM VROOM, Great shots, i love speedway (y)

Tony :)

The first of Lewis (no 4) and the one of Rico (No 5)are great - definately favourites for me!

Nice - will you be doing any more through the season?

Thanks Everyone,
Will be looking to get down to a few meetings this year.....hopefully take some shots of the racing...its a small track at Eastbourne and produces some very close racing.
Sheep:We were ok to shoot from the outside close to the track for practice.......but for race meetings we would not be allowed there.......you have to be away from the track a bit on race days.You would need a long lens,atleast 300mm.......later in the summer would be better with the later evening light.
We are supposed to be going to the press day....but the weather may have other ideas......with lots of rain forecast......thanks for looking and commenting......Cheers Barry

Been to Eastbourne a couple of times, they allow fans close to the fence on the exit of bend 4 and is great place to get some pics, max you would need is 200 for a decent action shot

Great stuff....they are some brilliant shots!

Congrats!

Great set of shots you have nice work (y)
what would the effect be if you had of slowed the shutter slightly and maybe panned a little more ?? (just a thought)

Thanks Guy's
Gibbo:Yes we were shooting from outside of the track on this occasion,so the riders seem to be coming towards us most of the time....so they weren't really at the best angle for pan shots.....inside of the track would be much better for that kind of shot........I like to keep the shutter speed up a little for speedway........split seconds make quite a difference to these Images so I find a faster shutter speed works better overall......Cheers Barry

Back