easy cheep website for photographic club?

Well done, looks like you've managed something really good in today's age when camera clubs aren't in fashion anymore. I'm in contact with quite a few clubs because I give extreme macro talks, and most of them have a committee member run their website on a relatively cheap hosting platform like fasthosts. Flickr and Facebook are also used, although less Facebook. I've always thought Facebook a bit risky myself because once you're inside the Facebook system it is very difficult to extract the members and data out of the Facebook system to set up your own site. Keep it up, great job!!

Thanks nass.

We also have a committee, although, no one runs our group, we are just a group of people who gather together within a room and help each other out, we have a very varied range from absolute amateurs to experienced professionals who do photography as their job.
This is why having a course or class type session isn't appropriate, plus, a social group is more relaxed and doesn't make people feel obligated to turn up, which was my initial plan.

I tried using a dedicated website once, but, a lot of our Group attendees are of an elderly age, so, technology is difficult for them, so, I thought Facebook was easier to use and has the social side of things, as regards security, our Facebook group is set to closed and only those who request permission and are granted permission can look or post on it.

Back