Easy to use Point and Shoot

G

GSVBagpuss

Hello all

Pretty forums btw ;)

My mum is off to Uganda in the summer and wants a new camera to take (unsurprisingly!) We've got this old heavy Canon A1 with a 70-210mm variable zoom lens; it takes great pictures but weighs a tonne and isnt that easy to use. What she wants is something that's easy enough just to point and click, small and with some sort of zoom to get the zebras etc. She's not really up with the digital revolution yet, so none of those new fangled digital thingys :)

Any thoughts?

GSVBagpuss said:
Any thoughts?

Yes, I love your name :D

Hehe, seriously though, what sort of price range does she have in mind?

A freind of mine has just come back from the Alps. He took one of these out with him

IXUS 40

He is in no way in to photography beyond the usual holiday snaps and is well known for being a complete technology biff. He came back with some stunning shots. He told me he found it really easy to use. It is small enough to fit in a pocket. An ideal holiday camera.

Thanks for the compliment Bod :D

She would like to spend as little as possible, I know it'll probably hurt you to recommend something cheap but she's going to use it 2-4 times a year max, and that the absolute max. That does look like a nice camera though, will do some more investigating 8)

I've got a Kodak LS753 at home...

5MP, dead easy to use and the pic quality is not bad at all...

Back