Ebay heads up

Definitely a good deal on them (y) can't be bit for £4 really

I've also got the ilford one,which comes in handy occasionally if i change film mid-roll on the older cameras that don't have auto leader-out rewinds, but to be honest when I'm processing film thats been wound leader-in, I just put my thumb into the velour covered film slot and rip the film canister apart, then wind from the spool inside.

Yup - that's the point really. If you need one, you *really* need one - getting a used film out is easy once it's all used up but with many auto-rewind cameras (and some manual too...) you have to be fast on the button to catch the end before it disappears :D

Yup - that's the point really. If you need one, you *really* need one - getting a used film out is easy once it's all used up but with many auto-rewind cameras (and some manual too...) you have to be fast on the button to catch the end before it disappears :D

I've only 2 cameras that rewind for themselves - and both of them are set to leader-out via custom functions. The rest are down to the ikkle winder lever, and I usually just wind them back with my ear to the back of the camera so I hear the click of the film disengaging. Doesn't work with the FED though, due to the other sundry creaks squeaks and groans it makes whenever you rewind :LOL:

Mine always end up back in the canister. I just get carried away when winding!

Back