Ebay seller

Name
Dini
Edit My Images
Yes
The wording says 'The item will be shipped from the UK' which would suggest to me, given the low price, that the kit was imported by the seller and then being sold and shipped by them. This could have possible warranty implications further down the line if the items were sourced outside the EU.

The wording says 'The item will be shipped from the UK' which would suggest to me, given the low price, that the kit was imported by the seller and then being sold and shipped by them. This could have possible warranty implications further down the line if the items were sourced outside the EU.

It also says in the listing that it is a UK model with warranty.

Brand new D700 for £1499.. Doh, I paid nearly that much for mine 2nd hand.

Feedback looks good, prices are good. As for the warranty, well you wont know until you come to use it or find there is no warranty card in the box. In that scenario I'd on to ebay for a "not as described" claim.

Last edited:
A couple of things put me off - firstly the "no returns" policy, that's illegal, and secondly the trading address given belongs to a really grotty looking "supermarket" in Walthamstow with some equally grotty rented flats above.

With regard to the warranty position, I'd be interested to know if the likes of Nikon or Canon would honour it, as the goods aren't coming from one of their official dealers....

Last edited:
In that scenario I'd on to ebay for a "not as described" claim.

Or in that scenario you could contact the seller first and ask to return the item? Rather than go straight the eBay to file a complaint and demonising the seller.

The seller has near perfect feedback for lots of high valued items so they must be doing something right.
:p

Or in that scenario you could contact the seller first and ask to return the item? Rather than go straight the eBay to file a complaint and demonising the seller.

The seller has near perfect feedback for lots of high valued items so they must be doing something right.

The seller has laid out his table stating that he won't accept returns, so I can't see that working.....

I think this buyer's guide on Ebay seems to back up my suspicions re the warranties (for Nikon at least) - sellers such as this one are considered as the first owners of the cameras/lenses and not as retailers...

Last edited:
People seem happy enough with what they have bought. 1 neg out of 127 in the past year.

Been around 7+ yrs as well............. seems ok to me - if it is as described.

Who is demonising the seller by using your legal right for a refund on something that has been sold not as described?

It wont count agaisnt him, other than the fact Ebay will have a record and it may inhibit a powerseller status in the future.

Im a top rated powerseller with 100% perfect feedback.. I know what does what on ebay!

Don't know if he's changed it? His returns bit states:

WILL ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS OR EXCHANGE IF ITEM IS
FAULTY OR NOT AS DESCRIBED

Not demonising the seller by using your rights as a buyer.... no your not....

Filing a claim against a seller without a first point of contact is.... you should always attempt to sort a problem out with the seller first before making rash decisions.

I'm also a power seller and sick annd tired of people going straight to the paypal resolution center if they have a problem when they could have contacted me first!

It wont count agaisnt him, other than the fact Ebay will have a record and it may inhibit a powerseller status in the future.

You answered your own question huh.

Even if the seller states they don't accept returns, as others have said it doesn't necessarily mean they won't. It may just be an oversight writing that.

As others have said:

An ebay seller may say that they don't take returns but the reality is quite different.

neil_g said:
i believe ebay would still stand by you if it was not as described, whether the user says they take returns or not.

Your covered for 45 days after the purchase so if your unable to resolve a problem with the seller your still protectioned through the arse. (y)

Last edited:
Not demonising the seller by using your rights as a buyer.... no your not....

Filing a claim against a seller without a first point of contact is.... you should always attempt to sort a problem out with the seller first before making rash decisions.

I'm also a power seller and sick annd tired of people going straight to the paypal resolution center if they have a problem when they could have contacted me first!

You answered your own question huh.

Even if the seller states they don't accept returns, as others have said it doesn't necessarily mean they won't. It may just be an oversight writing that.

As others have said:

Your covered for 45 days after the purchase so if your unable to resolve a problem with the seller your still protectioned through the arse. (y)

You cant be a business power seller without accepting returns when you list an item, so that's a moot point.

So if he wants power seller status, he must accept returns, in which case you wouldn't go straight to ebay anyway.

A quick check on camera price buster shows its not worth the risk - 10 traditional shop sellers doing UK models for less.

Back