Ebay triggers not working

Edit My Images
No
I bought some ebay triggers about a month ago, and due to buying the wrong flash, couldn't get them to work (ie. flash incompatible).

At the time, the triggers themselves seemed to be working ok, and the little red light flickered when the test button was pressed on the transmitter.

A month later and they've been left in the packet until I got some more flash units which would work - the flashes duly turned up from Ebay and the triggers promptly stopped working - the little red light doesn't flicker any more.

So yes, I've tried:
- changing the channels (still not working)
- changing the batteries in the reciever (still not working)

Any other common problems with these, or do I just have a duff set?

Cheers,
Andrew

What set-up up are you using?
Where did you get them from? Was it Ebay, or Gadget Infinity? If they are only a month old then they are surely covered to be sent back

Mike

The red light on the receiver? Is the type with a CR2 battery or 2xAAA?

When mine stopped working it was the CR2 battery; I replaced it with an external 2xAA pack and all is fine again.

Its this set - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330282234674

The light I'm referring to is the small diode in the middle of the reciever, above the on/off switch.

The reciever takes 2xAA batteries, which I have changed for a brand new set to no avail.
The only thing I haven't tried is to replace the battery in the transmitter, but for what they cost, I'm considering just buying another and see if they're any better......

I've not used those - I use the Gadget Infinity ones posted above. Have you contacted the ebay seller? Sometimes they can be helpful - they might send a replacement..

one of my good friends from Peterborough has recently got himself a set of the gadget infinity triggers and he loves them. i think i'm going to get myself a set after i've played with them a bit

one of my good friends from Peterborough has recently got himself a set of the gadget infinity triggers and he loves them. i think i'm going to get myself a set after i've played with them a bit

That would be me :D

You should be able to trigger the transmitter manually, does the red light on the top of the transmitter flash. If not the it's possibly the battery.

If it does, try using the receiver without the battery cover on. I had a problem with one unit , where the CR2 battery distorted the circuit board and stopped it working with the cover on. A bit of fiddling sorted the problem, but check it out without the top first

Gonna wade in with my custom brand of ignorance and disinformation.

There is a problem with the battery terminals on some of the transmitters on the fleabay triggers. Basically the contact is absolute guff. The negative terminal is prone to bending too far from the battery due to the angle its attached at and the pressure from the spring ath the +ve end. Cat up some cotton buds, and wedge them between the plastice of the frame and the negative terminal to give it some more support. That might help.

Sometimes the trigger with this fault will still work with the test button but not the camera.

Oh, since your going to have your stuff cracked open, could you take a photo of the inside of the RECIEVER for me please :) The ones I got didn't have the PC jack on it so I need to mod it with a 3.5mm one. Just can't seem to find a pic that clearly shows where the wires from the jack are supposed to go to.

:agree: an alternative fix is to just bend the negative terminal inwards so that it isn't getting pushed by the battery door clip.

Try firing them without the battery door in place, if they work then that's what your problem is...

EDIT: this applies to the original type, not the new AAA version, like the op's.

:agree: an alternative fix is to just bend the negative terminal inwards so that it isn't getting pushed by the battery door clip.

Try firing them without the battery door in place, if they work then that's what your problem is...

If I hadn't binned mine I'd have tried that :(

If I hadn't binned mine I'd have tried that :(

You'd have ended up binning them anyway - as soon as you sort that problem the hotshoe will start acting up and by the time you figure that one out the trigger will have mysteriously died :LOL: :bang:

Cheers koomber - I'll give that a try tonight and see if I can get a shot of the reciever too - whats the worst that could happen :)

As said, mine is the triple-A version, but I'll give it a bash all the same.

Back