ebay wireless triggers

Edit My Images
No
another beginner question im afraid.
ive been looking at the cheap hk wireless triggers and i understand they work with several brands of flash, but would it be dependant on my set up. i.e with my d40x could i use the jessops £34 flash as a slave, or would i need to spend more on an sb-*?
cheers

thanks, I've read most of the stuff on Stobist (and watched the vid) but I'm still a bit confused about the crossover of manufacturers equipment.
i think I could set up my D40x with nikon flash's but unfortunatley I dont have £350 to buy a couple of sb-4/6/800's and the smaller ones seem rare to find.
but would the jessops cheapo unit do the job, or be a waste of money?
thanks

Hello, I am sorry if this is of no help at all (especially as I am a Canon user) but I must say that the Cactus V2s 'eBay' triggers are bloody awesome for the price. I am using mine with a Canon 430EX II at the moment and it triggers the flash EVERY TIME so far *touch wood*

They are great :)

Sorry, im a bit confussed here.

Have you got flashes to already go on the wireless triggers? If you have then you can use any type of flash as a strobe to set of the wireless triggers.

Will

Hello, I am sorry if this is of no help at all (especially as I am a Canon user) but I must say that the Cactus V2s 'eBay' triggers are bloody awesome for the price. I am using mine with a Canon 430EX II at the moment and it triggers the flash EVERY TIME so far *touch wood*

They are great :)

Just bought myself a set to work with my 40d and 430EX. I had the same problem as everyone where it was just firing the flash randomly without my pressing anything, change to a new frequency and works perfectly. Fires the flash with EVERY shot and has a really good range on it too actually.

If the OP wants to check them out and get the "cactus" ones, then google cactus triggers and go to the company Gadget Infinity. Speedy postage from HK too

Mike

Are we talking about these one's HERE although these are for Nikon :)

Are we talking about these one's HERE although these are for Nikon :)

Yes, although I believe they work with both Nikon AND Canon. They just advertise them like that on eBay so that if I (as a Canon user) search for cannon wireless triggers, then they show up in my search results :)

The Jessops cheapy flash would be no good because you need manual control on the Flash.

When using flashes in manual you don't need to worry about manufacturers. I have a Canon 430EX for on and off camera and Nikon SB26's for using just off camera.

If you're looking cheap, then buying new, you're looking at a Vivitar 285HV from gadget infinity (about £75 I think) which you can order with your cactus, or something like a Nikon SB24/25/26 from ebay or one of the shops that do used gear on the list in the shopping forum.

There are loads of flashes you could use, but you need to make sure you have manual control or you won't have any control over the intensity of your flash.

The Jessops cheapy flash would be no good because you need manual control on the Flash.

When using flashes in manual you don't need to worry about manufacturers. I have a Canon 430EX for on and off camera and Nikon SB26's for using just off camera.

If you're looking cheap, then buying new, you're looking at a Vivitar 285HV from gadget infinity (about £75 I think) which you can order with your cactus, or something like a Nikon SB24/25/26 from ebay or one of the shops that do used gear on the list in the shopping forum.

There are loads of flashes you could use, but you need to make sure you have manual control or you won't have any control over the intensity of your flash.

I had no idea I could use Nikon's off camera with my flash setup, but now you say it I have no idea why I thought that :)

I'll have a look into the SB24/25/26's and see what I can find for cheap :) :bonk:

cheers for the advice guys. I'll get trawling the web for cheap second hand flashs with manual control then.

The V2s receivers only work with flashes that have a trigger voltage of 1 -12v. If the trigger voltage is 12-200v you need a V2 receiver.

I wanted to use a V2s with one of my old 283s that has a trigger voltage of 112v so I added a safe voltage circuit to my flash as per here and it reduced the hotshoe trigger voltage to under 5v- unfortunately I couldn't get the flash to fire when the circuit was added...

Back