ebay

Edit My Images
No
hi !

what am I doing wrong ?

I have the same lens, buy it now price 16+deliv. other seller with a lot more feedback - auction style 25.55 + deliv 5. I changed the title to his style , but - what am I doing wrong ?

thanks,
D.

Last edited:
If its worded like the above quite a lot

Was being semi serious, is the wording clear and concise and do you have a good picture?

The last point is the most important in my opinion, perhaps a link to the item would help people give pointers

it's not a studio shot with white background, but it is fine. maybe I'm being menstrual as it was posted only yesterday. I have put my bin price up to 25 now. still. if I was bidding yesterday or today before 1/2 when i put the new price, i would shop around :)

Why did'nt you sell it on here.

Dave.

If your's isn't selling at £16, and the other one isn't selling at £25 - maybe there are no buyers at the moment?

haven't posted it here ! :)
I'm the most active member in the film&other brands so don't want to step on mods toes any more than I already do ! :D
but yeah . probably will do that :)

Perhaps it is the feedback thing then, how about postage, is that a fair price?

How about stick on a best offer option along with the bumped up buy it now price, after all you were obviously prepared to take less originally and maybe let it go for 20 quid or so.

it's on 9.99 starting bid, so that's fair enough I think.
it's probably because it's sony/minolta stuff. nikon moved a lot faster although it was not as cheap comparing to competition.

what lens you selling?

Costs more selling as a normal auction, much better rates using best offer and BIN

what lens you selling?

minolta 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 . not a shockingly amazing lens, but not bad at all.

Costs more selling as a normal auction, much better rates using best offer and BIN

but I still need to put an auction price don't I ? will definitely try out the best offer thanks ! :)

No, just set it as buy it now or best offer, no starting price needed if you choose the right option for your sale

Was being semi serious, is the wording clear and concise and do you have a good picture?

The last point is the most important in my opinion, perhaps a link to the item would help people give pointers

:agree: as it would help you....

Perhaps more information on the use the lens has had and the condition of the lens would help.
The information you have on the listing in my opinion is pointless. People looking at the sale will know what the lens is and be more concerned with condition. IMHO

Perhaps more information on the use the lens has had and the condition of the lens would help.
The information you have on the listing in my opinion is pointless. People looking at the sale will know what the lens is and be more concerned with condition. IMHO

ok. thanks ! :) will do so.

it's not a studio shot with white background, but it is fine. maybe I'm being menstrual as it was posted only yesterday. I have put my bin price up to 25 now. still. if I was bidding yesterday or today before 1/2 when i put the new price, i would shop around :)

Yep you are :LOL: Give it some time - anyone watching it yet??

:thinking: I thought that I was bad when it came to selling on the bay :LOL:

due to needing money fast - yes, I'm menstrual at the moment although that's offensive to women as most of them are fine then :LOL:

just 2 watchers ! :)

and i've done a lot of relisting on items that seem to be fair priced ! :(
anyway - it's just me ! :)
sorry everybody :LOL:
had a lot of help from you guys :)

eBay isn't always logical... I had some memory on auction last week with a BIN price of £20 and it sold for £22.50 at end of auction.... :D :wacky:

there was this thread called - crazy ebayers and there were a lot of cases as such. never happened to me unfortunately :( :D

Waah, you did the "Hey lets put random model numbers/names at the end of my item title!" It's listings like that which force me to select all the categories and even then you get people selling camera accessories in the camera bodies category...You really think anyone looking for a Sony A900 is randomly going to buy your lens just 'cause it's turned up? :(

:thinking:

a quick look at previous eBay sales suggests that £25 is top money for you lens, the last lens that sold via auction (rather than BIN) went for £21 and there were only 2 bidders, one of whom only has a feedback rating of 2...:cautious:

I can therefore see two scenarios, either....

a) there were two people that wanted one of these lenses, one won the auction, the other BIN'd one of the others, probably the one that sold the next day for £19.99

b) there was only one person bidding, the other (the 2 feedback one) was a shill

Other than the two examples above the going rate seems to be around £10-12

Added to what I said a moment ago, a little formatting wouldn't go amiss, and like others have said, you should focus first on saying how well you've looked after the lens before trying to sell its specifications and features.

thanks Graham !

I'm not saying that I'm selling it super cheap. at the moment it's a fair price. for some reasons everybody seems to have pulled their prices up a bit . I remember very recently it went for around 15 although they still are more lens for that money.

Added to what I said a moment ago, a little formatting wouldn't go amiss, and like others have said, you should focus first on saying how well you've looked after the lens before trying to sell its specifications and features.

yes, that makes sense. will adjust my future sales to that format.

thanks Graham !

I'm not saying that I'm selling it super cheap. at the moment it's a fair price. for some reasons everybody seems to have pulled their prices up a bit . I remember very recently it went for around 15 although they still are more lens for that money.

I don't think, looking at past sales on Ebay that it's a "fair price", it's simply what one seller has managed to achieve, either by fair means or foul, and the others (yourself included) have taken that as the market value. The true market value, as you've stated, seems to be around £15......

or even lower :) . that's another reason I don't want to advertise it here. if I sell it for 15 and somewhere in ebay 10delivered pops up, I'm the bad guy ! :) don't want people to be angry at me :)

Why dont you add "make an offer" to the listing... Then you can see what people are willing to pay for it....

Its just a thought - so please dont take my word for it that thats the case :confused:

people like to offer silly things ! :D
but will do . anyway - my mind is a mess, so what I say doesn't make sense a lot, so i'll be closing this thread soon to not make a fool of myself or contradict myself

or even lower :) . that's another reason I don't want to advertise it here. if I sell it for 15 and somewhere in ebay 10delivered pops up, I'm the bad guy ! :) don't want people to be angry at me :)

If you do sell it here at least you will get the full payment without any fee's from ebay & paypal...

There you go then - sorted (y)

done ! :)

p.s. I like to think of it as a stock market, the second hand camera equipment. the prices shift around every week. and i would like to take advantage of it ! :LOL: . for instance yashica t4,t5 is selling for crazy money ! :) and I bet that loads of folks have them at home hidden in boxes in basement.

Back