ebuyer - catalog of errors!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a little note to comment on the services (or lack of) of Ebuyer

8th Feb:
Ordered Goods (tower, monitor & keyboard etc), paid for next day delivery.

11th Feb:
Monitor & Keyboard etc turn up as ordered.

12th Feb:
I phone them to find out where the tower has got to... I'm told it's been signed for and they suggest I check throughout the company (there are 4 of us in our office ;)). I politely tell them to send another one out, as Citylink have lost it.

13th Feb.
I phone to confirm delivery today, as I can't get the order to track online. I'm told that there's been a computer error at their end, and the tower won't be here today. It's now supposed to be arriving tomorrow between 0600-0730.... We shall see.

Ebuyer.... not good customer service. I even had to get a bit shirty to get them to refund the delivery charge!

Not a happy bunny.

Had great service from them previously then everything went downhill fast, won't deal with them now and would rather pay a little extra to get the service I want.

Shame really though isn't it.

Marcel takes a run down the left hand side of the field, breaks into a sprint, cocks his right leg back, eyes focused on the target and BOOOOOOOOOOM, sinks the thread into the back of the net.....er.....Shopping forum

Ebuyer can go terribly wrong, as you've experienced - but I've always had good service from them. It's wise to be aware that they don't always send exactly what you ordered, though - but what you get is generally the same spec. Though when they sent me a stick of DDR2 laptop RAM when I'd ordered DDR, they sent out the DDR straight away and let me keep the DDR2, which went in my girlfriend's laptop :)

Eclipse Computers - now don't touch them with a bargepole. I ordered three things off them two years ago - three simple things: a power supply, a print cartridge and a microphone. I received the wrong power supply (wrong model number, so wrong connector) supplied with a European two-pin mains cord, and NOTHING else.

Ever.

I spent hours on the phone to them over two months, and they'd either not pick up or say they'd ring back later in the day. (They never did). They also never, ever replied to emails. Eventually I gave up, and now heartily slag off these hateful *******s to anyone who has ever considered internet shopping.

I hate ebuyer too, customer service is the worst Ive had from anywhere,

i've used ebuyer quite a few times now, and i personaly have had no problems with delivery times,
but i can't comment on their customer service as thankfully i haven't had to use them.
hope your bits turn up soon.

ebuyer is great until it all goes wrong, then they're a pain in the ar*e.

Ordered quite a few hundred quids worth of stock over the years through ebuyer and never had too much trouble - but i've heard the stories.

another good co for comp bits.. www.aria.co.uk

shame they didn't have what i wanted at the time :shake:

There ok till you have to reurn something then they turn into a wholesaler and its your loss wouldnt go back for anything
Bob:thumbsdown:

for those of you in west yorkshire area or close to J27 M62, i've used CCL (www.cclonline.com) for the past 10yrs or so, and never had any problems.

The fact they are also only down the road, means I can pick stuff up directly, or go visit if anything does go wrong.

Must of spent close to £15000 or so in that time

Ebuyer are good price wise, as is aria, but have had issues with aria when trying to return a DOA DDR memory stick, took them 2 weeks to sort it, aswell as sending wrong Tower Case which took them a week to sort.

Gary

There ok till you have to reurn something then they turn into a wholesaler and its your loss wouldnt go back for anything
Bob:thumbsdown:

:plus1: - agreed - had trouble there too. Having built about 70 PC's in the last 3-4 years, the only retailer with whom I would spend money is Scan. Good prices, and (much) more importantly, consistently good after-sales service.

Ugh, ebuyer ... never again.

The only online retailer I've vowed never to do business with again. If the item is in stock and arrives safely, then fine. God help you should anything at all be amiss with the order.

I use scan pretty much exclusively now.

They have a "Return if it's not what you expected, / incompatible" policy too, which is brilliant.

Back