ECig help needed.

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of an oddball post but thought some of you maybe able to help.

72 days ago I started using an ecig and smoked my last cigarette. I now have a dilemma, the ecig kit I have is working do in theory I don't need to upgrade it, but, I have found a replacement ecig which is £89 I love the look of and want to buy.

My dilemma is:

1) I know the kit I have works and therefore don't need to upgrade

2) Ecigs work, it's not a short term thing, I can afford the upgrade but its a lot of money to replace something that already works fine.

Opinions please...

What make is the new one you're looking at? Over the last few years I've tried many of the ecigs and found sky cig to be the best but none of them come anywhere near this..
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eGoT.php
Not pretty to look at but a thing of brilliance

Isn't there a thread about ecigs on here already?

What make is the new one you're looking at? Over the last few years I've tried many of the ecigs and found sky cig to be the best but none of them come anywhere near this..
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eGoT.php
Not pretty to look at but a thing of brilliance

Martyn I'm looking at the odyssey from tw, currently using a kit very similar to the one you posted. 1100mah battery and ce4 top but the odyssey looks the puppies plums.

I bought the riva to start with and now I want to upgrade to a twist battery for more control. I find on a morning the riva is too powerful but by late evening I am needing a bit more punch lol

I have only tried the ones you buy the replaceable cartridges for, not the tank ones.
However, they do need replacing eventually anyway, so, you know, get it now/get it later, but if you want it, get it. Still going to be loads cheaper than fags

I don't mean to sound snotty Ryan, but if you gave up fags 72 days ago why are you still using the e-cigs? Even worse spending more money on them?

Being brutal, you're in the process of replacing one addiction with another, which isn't a great idea! :)

Not snotty at all although irrelevant to the question at hand :)

I can comfortably afford the odyssey but appreciate that it's a lot of money to spend.

My opinion is much the same as Mark's. If you keep using an e-cigarette, the idea of putting something in your mouth is still in your mind so sub-conciously, you are still smoking and quite likely to have a real cigarette again in the future.

I think it's a great idea to use to cut down but you then need to get yourself off the replacement.

It's a bit like people who give up sugar in tea but use sweeteners instead. They retain the liking for sweet drinks rather than learn to like them without any sort of sweetener at all.

Steve.

The big advantage of the ecig which is probably being overlooked (more likely me not explaining myself) a tad is that you can wean yourself off the nicotine so have just flavoured liquid but still vape with no adverse affects. As I will more than likely be doing that for some time I'm basing my argument for a nice looking ecig partially on that theory.

I have just switched from high nicotine content to the medium content but feel it will be a while before switching to the low then zero content liquids.

The big advantage of the ecig which is probably being overlooked (more likely me not explaining myself) a tad is that you can wean yourself off the nicotine so have just flavoured liquid but still vape with no adverse affects.

I know. My son is using one. Obviously, he shouldn't have started smoking in the first place but is now spending considerably less on the oils than he was on tobacco.

The person supplying the oil is slowly reducing the nicotine level. It will reduce to zero without my son knowing then after a while he will be told that he has been smoking it without nicotine then hopefully can stop completely.

The only adverse side effect with continuing is the idea and action of picking up something to put in your mouth. In a moment of weakness this might make you more likely to have a cigarette if offered.

Steve.

Last edited:
I don't plan on stopping my ecigs at all. I enjoy smoking; I don't enjoy the rubbish it pumps into my body. With vaping I have eliminated the most harmful (tar) already and slowly the nicotine will go too.

Why should I totally give up something I enjoy doing though? If vaping wasn't an option I would never have ditched the cigs at all. At least vaping has provided a healthier alternative.

The big advantage of the ecig which is probably being overlooked (more likely me not explaining myself) a tad is that you can wean yourself off the nicotine so have just flavoured liquid but still vape with no adverse affects. As I will more than likely be doing that for some time I'm basing my argument for a nice looking ecig partially on that theory.

I have just switched from high nicotine content to the medium content but feel it will be a while before switching to the low then zero content liquids.

I'm hardly overlooking it. I gave up smoking on Easter Monday; ie 52 days ago.

However I gave up, I didn't transfer my addiction to a substitute. I used an e-cigarette for the first week and since then have probably used it once a week since - if that - at times of high stress rather than a habitual replacement.

If you carry on as you are, you really haven't given up.

E cigs are not an addiction, they are an enjoyment, been using mine for over 2 years, dislike the smell/stink of cigarettes so not a chance of going back on them.
I like chocolate but I'm not addicted, I like chips but I'm not addicted but enjoy putting both in my mouth....unhealthy?...yes, but if we listened to all the do gooders we'd be living off a lettuce leaf a day :)

I don't plan on stopping my ecigs at all. I enjoy smoking; I don't enjoy the rubbish it pumps into my body. With vaping I have eliminated the most harmful (tar) already and slowly the nicotine will go too.

Why should I totally give up something I enjoy doing though? If vaping wasn't an option I would never have ditched the cigs at all. At least vaping has provided a healthier alternative.

:clap: (y)

but what is it you enjoy ? - if its not the nicotine high ?

but what is it you enjoy ? - if its not the nicotine high ?

The Draw!

I tried E Cigs and although they helped, (I could vape where I couldn't smoke), I still could not give up the real cigs.

Not useful to the OP, but for anyone who wants/has to give up, see a nurse at your Gp's Practice. Gave up before Christmas, I am 2+ stone heavier mind you, so I'm having to work on my weight now. :puke:

Back