Edinburgh camera shops

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm in Edinburgh for one night and would like to go lens shopping tomorrow. I have already found Jessops and had a quick look tonight....

However are there any other shops in Edinburgh centre selling lenses? If any sell second hand gear that would be a bonus!

Edinburgh isn't that well served by photographic dealers, apart from the usual chain store outlets.

There is Camerabase/Cameratiks at 120 Morningside Road. This is a smaller, more traditional, dealer with a large stock of used gear too. It's about 10 minutes by bus from the bottom of Lothian Road, opposite the Caledonian hotel. Get off when you see Waitrose on the left. There are only two in Edinburgh, so you don't have to worry about getting this wrong! Cross the road and walk back a short distance and you'll find Camerabase. You could also get a cab, but they're fairly expensive, for me anyway.

I know Edinburgh quite well but I don't live there. No doubt others will offer their own suggestions, which might be more current/useful to you. Enjoy it.

Kerso is only an hour or so away by car! :)

What's in kerso? I drove near enough through kerso on my way here and could go that way back again :-D

:LOL: You're thinking of Kelso!

Yeah I'm thinking of Kelso... I've had a few and I'm enjoying the Edinburgh so forgive me! ..i dont think i'll be heading home via Leven though. Which is a shame.... I was looking forward to looking in a camera shop on the way home! :p

Back