Edinburgh Fringe - Street Photography Meet

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to all that attended, I hope all enjoyed the meet. Please post your photos to this thread. Here's one to start you off.

MG_0343.jpg

Did you guys make it out the pub ?
Let's see some shots.

Really wanted to make this - might even jump on train an get along this afternoon for a shoot.

Just to put some perspective on this, before we all get ourselves a bad name. It wasn't a whole day of drinking Lager in the pub, far from it.

TP_Meet.jpg

Guinness was drank, Ruby mild was drank even a coffee and a couple of cokes. Jim bought us dinner as can be seen from the empty packet.

jim..started one of my own in 'people' as... well by the looks of it.. people would get the wrong impression of me from the photos you've posted...i've been trying to cultivate a clean living, country boy persona who you could take home to meet her mother .... (y) :D

Thanks to all that attended, I hope all enjoyed the meet. Please post your photos to this thread. Here's one to start you off.

To me it's just a picture of some guys head, fairly expressionless and really nothing of any interest in the pic.

Conversely Barrysprouts pics have a lot of interest, things are happening, people have interesting faces, expressions, etc.

To me it's just a picture of some guys head, fairly expressionless and really nothing of any interest in the pic.

Hey - Down Boy.

Jim's only stickin' in a shot to kick things off - doesn't want to post a killer shot and put off less experienced togs.

Hey guys,
I was up at the festivel today with Andrew (AWP).
Is it ok to post our images in this thread too?

Here's a few of mine from this morning (Sunday) - my full set will be on Alamy from mid week.

20110814-3AW_1293.jpg

20110814-3AW_1196.jpg

20110814-3AW_1152.jpg

20110814-3AW_1064.jpg

20110814-3AW_1039.jpg

20110814-3AW_1295.jpg

apologies for the watermark - sorry it's a necessity.

A good set Andrew! It was good to meet up with a fellow TP'er today and take some inspiration from your knowledge. Thanks for the company.

good work! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a selection of mine from the fringe

1)
6041680051_0a53fbd7b5_b_d.jpg

2)
6042225672_426b9520f8_b_d.jpg

3)
6041677269_f0effe8445_b_d.jpg

4)
6042222990_49d0c7063b_b_d.jpg

5)
6041675339_2941f87c99_b_d.jpg

6)
6041674683_674859d87c_b_d.jpg

Enjoy!

Amazing how different yours are. You even have some characters I didn't see! Good shots. Nice to meet you too.

Amazing how different yours are. You even have some characters I didn't see! Good shots. Nice to meet you too.

Thanks!
I enjoyed it, even if it was a bit of a nightmare trying to get well positioned as well as dealing with ever changing light conditions.
Found myself regularly dialling in up to +/- 1 on the exposure.

Lots of great photos:clap:

Here's another one of mine..

IMG_6844.jpg

Last edited:
Dougie, there was quite a heavy rain shower about 1.30 so we sought shelter in the hostelry and waited for it to stop. By the time we were sure it had dried up (sometime between 7-8) for some reason my camera had stopped focusing properly :shrug:

I'm sure Jim won't mind!
Plus it would be easier to have them all lumped in under the one thread.

myself and Andrew (AWP) have posted our shots up and we couldn't attend the Sat meet (ended up meeting on the Sunday instead).

Apologies in advance Jim for joining in the thread :D

Jim, I very rarely make critical comments on people's postings but I have to say that all of your photos, including the first one on this thread, are either soft or just plain out of focus. The best of them are 2 and 3, 7 and 10 are way off. Can I asked what lens you use on your 60D?

Jim, I very rarely make critical comments on people's postings but I have to say that all of your photos, including the first one on this thread, are either soft or just plain out of focus. The best of them are 2 and 3, 7 and 10 are way off. Can I asked what lens you use on your 60D?

Sorry Jim but I have to agree - they do all look soft. That could be a lot of things including the conversion to small jpegs - but the shutter speed looks ok so it's not that. It could be a lens issue? Can you give any more info ?

Using Canon EF70-200 f/4L IS USM, maybe something to do with my specs, not getting a clear view through the viewfinder, but think it may be part of the learning curve with this new camera.
Here are another couple without any Photoshop except the resizing.

MG_0358.jpg

MG_0365.jpg

MG_0443.jpg

BIGEYE said:
Using Canon EF70-200 f/4L IS USM, maybe something to do with my specs, not getting a clear view through the viewfinder, but think it may be part of the learning curve with this new camera.

They certainly look sharp enough, very good captures well done.

Nowt wrong with those. With that lens you needn't even look through the viewfinder to get sharp shots, maybe it was set on manual focus, or you were inadvertently rotating the manual focus ring?

Back