Edinburgh Zoo

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
So, went to Edinburgh zoo a week ago. Unfortunately the Pandas were indoors as the Penguin enclosure next door is being refurbished but still got a couple of sleeping Panda pictures! We did get to see them a bit later and he was awake but sitting with his back to the wall/glass so too much reflection.

Anyway, so as not to moan too much, we had a great day. The Female Jaguar showed really well and 'played' at the glass with one of our party. The highlight was when he kissed the glass and she licked it in the same spot. I think his girlfriend was a bit jealous!!!

Enough talking, hope you enjoy these. Best of an average bunch...

Capuchin by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Panda sleep by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Panda ball by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Jaguar Female close by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Amur Leopard Cute by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Amur Leopard gob by braveboy2012, on Flickr

Comments welcome as always.

Thanks for looking.

You lucky sod, seeing the pandas, I had hoped to get up there but life got in the way :(
That monkey looks really pleased to see you, love the expression :LOL:
Pandas :love: well what can I say, you did well with the exposure (y)
Love that 1st leopard picture, wants his tummy tickled ;)

Last edited:
You lucky sod, seeing the pandas, I had hoped to get up there but life got in the way :(
That monkey looks really pleased to see you, love the expression :LOL:
Pandas :love: well what can I say, you did well with the exposure (y)
Love that 1st leopard picture, wants his tummy tickled ;)

Yeah, the pandas are so gorgeous and beautiful and quite simply breathtaking :love:

That monkey is great isn't he. There were loads of them there, great fun to watch. He was below the balcony and looked up just as I looked down so was glad to get the shot.

The shots of the panda had more than the usual little tweaking. Thankfully I shot in RAW as they were indoors and no flash allowed so I think I spent about 15 minutes editing these two to make them look more natural! Thankfully they have white on them so the handy white balance tool helped out a lot!

Glad you like the second jaguar first leopard picture. I wasn't sure if I'd gone a little overboard on darkening the background to make her stand out. Maybe, but I like it (that's roughly how it looked when I reviewed it in camera and I liked it so aimed for that!!!

Thanks for dropping by (y)

nice photos

I'm visiting Edinburgh in december, but I don't think we'll be doing the zoo (we did Dublin zoo in may, which was great by the way)

Hi Gary, haven't forgotten you, just trying to shift this viral thing, sore throat, vomiting, feeling like sh**.

The capuchin is a cracker, great detail.

Although the panda's are asleep still to good shots. Always difficult trying to shoot black & white in colour.

Love the Jaguar portrait shot it's a beauty.

The Amur Leopard is a stunning creature. Had to be a gob shot in there somewhere.

All in all a sooooper set of piccy's. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice photos

I'm visiting Edinburgh in december, but I don't think we'll be doing the zoo (we did Dublin zoo in may, which was great by the way)

Cheers. Not planned any trips over there but may be one to consider!

Hi Gary, haven't forgotten you, just trying to shift this viral thing, sore throat, vomiting, feeling like sh**.

The capuchin is a cracker, great detail.

Although the panda's are asleep still to good shots. Always difficult trying to shoot black & white in colour.

Love the Jaguar portrait shot it's a beauty.

The Amur Leopard is a stunning creature. Had to be a gob shot in there somewhere.

All in all a sooooper set of piccy's. (y)

Cheers Martin. And all with a Canon :LOL:

Sorry to hear you feel crap. Wish you better.

Another nice set Gary (y)
The eyes on the monkey are just gorgeous. Well caught (y)

i couldn't decide which of these i liked best on first visiting, but i'm going for the leopard on it's back - with the monkey a close second (along with the yawning leopard) (y)

i couldn't decide which of these i liked best on first visiting, but i'm going for the leopard on it's back - with the monkey a close second (along with the yawning leopard) (y)

Kind of you to say (y)

I ordered the jag as a poster for my desk at work. Hope it looks good :shrug:

Back