Edinburgh

Name
Fiona
Edit My Images
Yes
I am not very good at street photography and even worse at shooting people, but what better way to improve than to get out there and try........

clanadonia.jpg

taking_a_break.jpg

woman.jpg

I really like the chef having a fag, nice simple composition with a great background.

The first one doesn't really work for me - there's a bit too much going on in the frame. I could suggest that you try a wider aperture (smaller number) next time or use a longer lens, both of which will help to blur out the background to make it less distracting.

I love the subject in the third one, you can invent a good story around it, but again the background is distracting, however I don't think it detracts from the image as much as in the drummer pic as the main subject is, to my eyes, more interesting.

So on the evidence on what you've presented here I'd say that you're not bad at all at street photography!

Well John has practically written word for word what I would have said, so saved me the trouble! ;)

I really do like that chef shot, not always easy to get such perfect suroundngs as that. (y)

:agree: Except for the fact that I also like the 1st shot too - eye contact would have made the shot but I think it's a nice shot nonetheless.
Keep at the street photography, you seem to be a bit of a natural (do watch out for cropping feet & leaving enough space in the frame though) Well done (y)

No 2 for me, it's a peach of an image, and B&W fits well.

First I find too tight in the frame, the subject needs more space to breath.

Third the BG is a bit busy.

I am not very good at street photography and even worse at shooting people, but what better way to improve than to get out there and try........

You are good at street photography if these are anything to go by! :D

Three crackers - no 2 being the winner - well seen, well composed, well processed.

I like no 1 as well!

Keep 'em coming!

No 1 is spoilt with the woman in the background. She tends to draw the eye away from the main subject. It would be a good action shot without her in the background.

In a strange way I like No 2. - good composition. Well captured.

No. 3 doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. (personal taste).

I know how you feel about lacking confidence out in the street. It will normally take me 15 - 20 minutes to get into shooting where there are people. I went out the other night to take some night time photos near my house. I was out for an hour and a half and my best shots came after the first 30 minutes. I think that it took that long to switch to the artistic side of my brain.

Sometimes I am in a mischievious mood and start to play games with people. One is to look up at nothing and see how many people you can get to look up. The other is to smile knowingly while your working. :naughty:

Back