Edited Isle of Man TT Photos

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi

Thought I'd have a play with some of my shots from this year's Isle of Man TT Races..

Any comments or tips appreciated

mcguiness2smqg9.jpg

sidea020ed9.jpg

pbl6jt3.jpg

Thanks for looking

Dave
Manx Photos Online

:thinking:

first glance.
no 1 looks ok . but id preffer the colour version.

no 2 think this works well " but thats because it's mainly black"

no 3 not keen on this one but hey ho thats only my opinion..

although i think they would all look great in colour..:clap:

md hth (y)

:thinking:

first glance.
no 1 looks ok . but id preffer the colour version.

no 2 think this works well " but thats because it's mainly black"

no 3 not keen on this one but hey ho thats only my opinion..

although i think they would all look great in colour..:clap:

md hth (y)

Thanks Monkeydave..

Here's the 1st one - full colour

pbs7zk6.jpg

Regards

Dave
Manx Photos Online

Colour ones for me. No slight on you personally, but I think the greyscale background/colour subject is done to death this days with almost everyone having some image processing software that can do it.

I like the sidecar shot too - to me, they always give a better sense of drama than regular bikes. Colour version request? ;)

I know nothing, but I like to say what I think when I look at the photos here, so

the 1st one with B&W background I like it (y), prefer it to the full colour, gets the bike totally the focus of attention, makes it real and full of vitality and the background becomes just background, like it is when you see them, can almost hear it, expect to snap my neck round to watch him go past. Great catch too, with the back wheel just clear.

sidecar on B&W, no, not enough vitality to the sidecar, the glossy black of the sidecar and the grey of the leathers doesnt lift it enough from the background, also I reckon the background is too blurred for this treatment, possibly a sharper more detailed B&W background would suit? or the whole photo in B&W or . . . colour, where I suspect the reverse effect of the base shot is better, the sharp black and greys of the outfit against blurred green tunnel, keep the background in colour but maybe faded out slightly?

3rd one, I find my eye pulled to the guy with the black hat, the solid black of the hat shirt and sunglasses is too strong for the rest of the background, the boots below him to an extent too. Fade him a bit or recrop so there's more to the left of him or so he's totally gone.

feel free to ignore me :D

I'm with Wookie in that I know nothing but like number one in black and white more than the colour (y)

nice shots dave but could we see them all in colour with the tt its atmosphere that makes the week and for me the mix of b&w and colour dosnt give that
yours gwh

Hi

Thanks for all your tips and comments...;)

Here are the other colour ones for those who asked for them...

pbl6colourxj2.jpg

sidea020colourqe1.jpg

Regards

Dave
My Website

Colour ones much better

Moved to motorsports.

Possibly predictably I prefer the full colour versions :)

Back