Editing a MTL file and exporting

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
Hi , i have a sony fs700 that produces a MTL file , and i have downloaded a few trial versions of software and tried to do some editing of some test shots .
The problem i am getting is the final output to lets say facebook were it gives me the option,i chose this just as a sample ,however when i came to view it the footage was awful ,not sure what i could be doing wrong etc as the software was giving me the option for facebook so why would the footage look so bad ,i am shooting in full HD on the camcorder ,any help on a workflow with MTL files would be apreciated Thanks

Sorry the file that i have from the SD card saved in a folder is actualy MTS , i know my sony records in AVCHD but it apears it ends up as a MTS on the SD card.
Its been a long while since i did any video editing

MTS is not a problem, all my Sony cameras put that format out. How does the raw MTS file look when played in VLC player? If OK then what program did you use to output it to Facebook?

I tried a trial version of prem pro , the demo version saved the file after a small edit as a MP4 i have just uploaded to facebook and the quality is awful,get better from my phone ,not sure if its me missing some settings somewere

Last edited:
I have found the export -media -H.264 Facebook 1080 choice from the drop down list in prem pro ,i am just in the process of seeing what the quality is like

Hi Wez, i was just thinking were best to put them ,i have signed up for the free Vimeo for now with other options later.
I have sorted the file issue out just need to get to grips with the camcorder,i am so used to the camera i keep putting my eye to the lcd screen .
I will have a look at the you tube side

Hi Wez, i was just thinking were best to put them ,i have signed up for the free Vimeo for now with other options later.
I have sorted the file issue out just need to get to grips with the camcorder,i am so used to the camera i keep putting my eye to the lcd screen .
I will have a look at the you tube side

Hi @den did you take a look at a Youtube channel? It seems really simple and easy to use now that I'm using it more often. I'd highly recommend it, especially as it's free :)

Btw, just uploading that file for you and I'll send you the link via PM once it's done (y)

Back