Editing My NYC Footage

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
A thread if anyone is interested...

Here are my timelines so far... And I've not even started on Thursday yet. Over 100Gb, and 215 files! 85Gb (about 165 files) are in 4k! The rest is 2.7k.

Sat.jpg

Sun2.jpg

Mon.jpg

Tue.jpg

Wed.jpg

Looks like Saturday I was chopping and deleting, and not really touched Sunday yet... Monday and Tuesday about done, and Wednesday afternoon is done...

All I'm doing here is trying to clip parts that I want and don't want (moving them down to V1 to indicatte I don't want, and moving up to V3 and V4 if I do want to use a clip....

I then will drop all of these into a "highlights" sequence, and copy over just the clips on V3 and V4. Then I'll play them back in more detail and begin to assemble some sort of order, and sync to some music, before finally doing some colour correction.

Last edited:
I've just realised I still haven't yet imported the videos from my Phone... Again, all in 4k, recorded on a Samsung Galaxy S6 - mainly quick clips, food and random shizzle.

Just checked, there are a further 88 clips (short-ish ones) at 5Gb..

Only a 100gb Mat? Can you possibly come round to my flat and help me cut down my 220+gb? (Omso, Gopro4, D5300, S6)
Luckily, I get to chuck a lot of it as I filmed quite quite a bit at night and screwed up some settings on my equipment (was filming mostly at 60fps = too dark)

I've not used Adode Prem Pro, only edited briefly before using Premiere Elements. All this talk of moving things down to V1 to keep and V3 to ditch is a bit over my head if I'm honest but it sounds like its wasting hard drive space if your actually keeping master footage that you've shot but don't want?

I'm probably editing my stuff in an unusual way if everyone is using your method. I look at a 2 minute shot of me filming continuously from a moving tuk tuk, find a 5 second shot that I like, save it and ditch the rest..unless there are 2 bits in the footage, save them both, delete the rest permanently. And then keep doing that with different clips until I get loads of usable clips on my hard drive and then join them up later or edit further.

Can't wait to see your NYC footage!

The fianl result will probably be poor lol.

I also did a bit of night shooting from TOTR, but forgot to select low light setting. It didn't come out too bad though.

A lot of the footage is usable as home video, hence not totally deleting it. Plus it's all stored on a 1TB external drive ;)

After condensing 6 days of footage down, plus all of the stuff on my phone, I now have this selection for a highlights video... Coming in at over 2hrs, so need to condense further!

Highlights%20Sequence.jpg

Coming in at over 2hrs, so need to condense further!

Don't do it! I want to see 2 hours of New York, not 3 minutes :crying: Still, I suppose you have to please the majority...who probably won't even see this city in their lifetime... and are happy with 3 short minutes.

Get there. I've been 3 times now, our lass has been 5..... Hoping to get a job there in the future

Still a way off completion:

timeline2.jpg

I would like to have it completed over this bank holiday weekend, but I can't see that happening :LOL:

I don't get why you are keeping shots you don't want on the timeline at all, it doesnt look like you've seperated the audio out into want/dont want.

It was just so I could double check after..
. Afterall, it doesn't make the project file any bigger whether they're there or not.

Back