Editing Photoshop Actions

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just getting into the big bad world of actions...

Is there a way of editing photoshop actions, without re-recording the action. For example lets say I have an action that puts @Keltic Rose 2006 and I now want it to say @Keltic Rose 2007. Is there a way I can "get at" that action to make the simple change, or do I need to re-record that bit of the action again.

Having exported the action I tried opening the atn file in notepad - but couldn't see anything of use.

Thanks

Allan

PS Does anyone know of good web sites to learn actions.

the action should be in lots of separate parts which all run after each other to create a smooth action. if you find the particular part you can change 2006 for 2007 easily. or just record that tiny bit then save.

I wasnt talking about text..............on the right of the screen in photoshop...where you run the action from ....it is all in bits...the bits that follow each other...stop at the bit which adds text of 2006 and delete it and add 2007 and save. I think that works. :|

i think Janice is almost there - I've done it in the past by opening an image (any will do) then expanding the action set and the action itself so you can see all the steps. Double-click on the offending step and the dialog box should open to allow you to change your text.

If this dont work, I'll get me coat.... oh, and try here for actions and help (y)

You have to basically get your image ready to run the action (or at least the step...so if you're recording an action that needs to put text down, you need an image open etc).

Anyway, once it's ready to run the action, highlight the step that you want to change and then using the flyout menu, select 'Record again'. And basically repeat the step. Unfortunately, anything else you customise at the same time, also needs to be done again...so if you're doing blue text, in a certain font, a certain size, and all you want to do is change the wording...you will still need to ensure it's set to blue, your required font size etc, and font.

Hope that helps :)

Back