Editing recommendation...?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I don’t usually video but have done some filming for my son’s A level course assessment on a canon 1 DX leaving me with 2 and a bit 4 gig files...just wondered if someone can advise in the best way to stitch these together as one file....I don’t need to edit as such but looking to produce just one file overall on a usb stick that he can hand in...thanks in advance....

"Windows movie maker" would to this very simply.
Very simple to trim, cut, stitch....
And then choose the exported quality...

Not sure if it's on all windows computer or if need to be installed but for sure it is free!

If you have an iMac you should use iMovie? Seems to be the standard for quite a lot of Youtubers so I'm sure it'll do the job for this?

You can't really compare iMovie to something like Davinci Resolve or Adobe Premier.
It's very basic.

If it's just stitching files together....and it's free then it's fine. No need to go super involved in editing to do this or by spending money on software you won't need.

If it's just stitching files together....and it's free then it's fine. No need to go super involved in editing to do this or by spending money on software you won't need.

Davinci Resolve is free and far more powerful than iMovie. Why wouldn't you use it over iMovie, which as you put it simply stitches files together?

Davinci Resolve is free and far more powerful than iMovie. Why wouldn't you use it over iMovie, which as you put it simply stitches files together?

Because iMovie is preloaded on Mac and is relatively intuative and is capable of far more than stiching files together. Adding music from iTunes, or stills from Photos is very straight foward in a way that Resolve can never be.

Last edited:
Because iMovie is preloaded on Mac and is relatively intuative and is capable of far more than stiching files together. Adding music from iTunes, from Photos is very straight foward in a way that Resolve will never be.

Adding tunes may be subject to copyright .Adobe Ppremier Elements has ones that are ok to use

Last edited:
Because iMovie is preloaded on Mac and is relatively intuative and is capable of far more than stiching files together. Adding music from iTunes, from Photos is very straight foward in a way that Resolve will never be.

Hmm, that’s like saying you shouldn’t install Lightroom or Photoshop because photos is preloaded :thinking:

Back