Daily Ed's Project 366 - 2012 Photochallenge

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I have been tempted to run a 365 for a looong time. Now I'm biting the bullet. I don't know how long I will keep it up for, but so far I've managed 3 days :)

There are no hard and fast rules with this. No particular theme or direction, but I'd like to bring something of my personality to the images though.. built up subtly over a period of time.

Media City By Night by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

Love number 2, the tone on it suits the subject matter really well - good luck to you on the project :)

It looks like you've had a brilliant start to your challenge (y) if you want a link to this thread added to the index of TP POTD threads please post a link in this thread HERE

I just love that first one, wow what a way to start the year (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I really like day 2 - the reflection in the puddle works really well!

Matt

Hi Tony,
to be quite honest it was an unexpected result.

Thank you Matt.

I'm afraid yesterdays effort doesn't really measure up to the rest. I had tried producing a night time panorama of the Manchester skyline, but a 15 second exposure in last nights wind on the top floor of an exposed multi-story car park wasn't going to yield a sharp image in a month of sundays.

In fact, I couldn't even stand still in the wind:

friday night by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

Hi Tony,
to be quite honest it was an unexpected result.

Thank you Matt.

I'm afraid yesterdays effort doesn't really measure up to the rest. I had tried producing a night time panorama of the Manchester skyline, but a 15 second exposure in last nights wind on the top floor of an exposed multi-story car park wasn't going to yield a sharp image in a month of sundays.

In fact, I couldn't even stand still in the wind:

friday night by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

That's another of those ones where a lack of sharpness really helps tell the tale, though. I'd argue that it wouldn't be as good without the rain drops on the lens, even. Gives it an otherworldly quality.

No, I don't like #6 either even though a few people have commented positively on it.

Another bleak winter day with very flat light. So in order to create something interesting, I've resorted to a 360º panorama, captured from the heart of Chorlton Green.

Still not really a worthy successor to any of the first four shots in this series.

Chorlton Green - 360º Panorama by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

Manchester looked so much better by night than it did at about 12noon on Sunday when I was driving through it :LOL: I have so say though you have so many wonderful locations that I noticed just when I was driving through (y)

Matt

Day 10 is epic and not easy to do I'm betting as you need to focus and then take the photo, not to mention the need for still water, it's a very simple looking photo to take but I'm betting a real challenge to take :clap: :clap: and to top it off it's very horror film like (y) :clap:

Matt

Back