educate me please

Name
keith
Edit My Images
Yes
there seems to be an awful lot of canon 70-200 f2.8 lenses on a well known site at various prices as a newbie i assumed these were good lenses

there seems to be an awful lot of canon 70-200 f2.8 lenses on a well known site at various prices as a newbie i assumed these were good lenses

No, these are mean't to be great lenses. They have produced several versions which has helped to fuel a strong second hand market. The slower f4 version is said to be just as sharp if you want to save some cash and don't need the extra stops.

The Canon 70-200 f/2.8 is arguably the best lens in that range on the planet. The price variation is likely to be between IS and non-IS. If you can afford it, get one. You'll be able to sell it for what you paid years down the line if you look after it. (But you probably won't want to sell it. Ever).

No, these are mean't to be great lenses. They have produced several versions which has helped to fuel a strong second hand market. The slower f4 version is said to be just as sharp if you want to save some cash and don't need the extra stops.

I will second this.I have a F4 IS version and trust me it is a killer IQ lens.

Back