Egg Banjo..

Name
Terri
Edit My Images
Yes
without googleing it what do you think it is???

yes i know a very stupid question it wouldn't be me other wise.:)

Are you really asking? :thinking:

It's what we snack on at midnight when we can't think of anything else to snack on :)

Yes J i am i know what it is just i had someone google it as they didn't know what it was and i thought i must be talking another lanuage.

Well, I don't think people really have them south of about Luton

I had to google it to check...knew the two ingredients just counldnt remember if it was one meal or another ;)

Btw never heard of it until I moved to yorkshire

well i have until never lived further north than Bedford so i must have got the saying from my dad and brothers i think..

i'll leave that, with you then i am off to bed without one and i really want one... night all

Best not eaten whilst wearing a tie...

Not the sort of thread you want to read when your hungry and have no eggs:crying:

Hope you don't get indigestion Dave :p

Rotten sod I'm hungry now I wasn't until I read this thread.

see ia m a nice person i made everyone at work them this morning and i still didn't have one. ( i am not allowed soft cooked eggs which is where this whole convo started)

Anyone know why they're called banjos though?:LOL:

I'm guessing at a fried egg sarnie. I'm not an egg eater (they make me puke, although I love meringues and mayonaise) so not sure. Will have to google to check.

Anyone know why they're called banjos though?:LOL:

I made a guess at that as well and the googling proved my guess to be well within the ballpark!

But why is it called an egg banjo?

Once again you need to picture the scene...

You've fried your egg (for full effect, the consistency of the yolk should be runny), and laid it lovingly on a slice of bread. The type of bread (including bread rolls), and whether or not it is buttered, is of little importance: it's the consistency of the yolk that counts.

Having applied the necessary seasonings, you close your sandwich and take this gastronomic masterpiece in your hand. Then with no small amount of anticipation, you take your first bite.

If you have constructed your banjo with a sufficient degree of care and diligence, at this point the yolk will spew forth from the far edge of the sandwich and splatter its yellowness down your best pulling shirt.

Transferring the fruits of your labours into one hand, you hold it to the side, and with a futile strumming action attempt to wipe the spilt and rapidly-drying yolk from your shirt.

Went out with the boss once to Leeds...work boss not the wife;)

He made the mistake of having one of these for lunch - and of course the yolk ended up down his tie:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Laugh - I nearly wet myself(y)

If you have constructed your banjo with a sufficient degree of care and diligence, at this point the yolk will spew forth from the far edge of the sandwich and splatter its yellowness down your best pulling shirt.

Transferring the fruits of your labours into one hand, you hold it to the side, and with a futile strumming action attempt to wipe the spilt and rapidly-drying yolk from your shirt.

Sounds about right Martin (y)
But you missed a bit, as you do the "transfer" what's left of the yolk runs down your
other arm to your elbow and either
a) drips onto the white carpet
b) onto your best pulling denims
3) actually remains un noticed for a few days
as it "crept" around the other side

Getting dried egg yolk off of hairy arms is a bitch! :D

Well I was about to rip into the guy who called it a Banjo...it's an egg buttie!

Then I read the explanation, I like it :D

And and they are great as Yv Gezza said at midnight, after a few beers.

( i happened to say i wanted one and can't have one and well i didn't know alot of people didn't know what one was. )

Daughter just said the best ones are in waburtons bread with white pepper and it has to be 2 eggs.

3 slices and two eggs is that an "egg cub" ? :coat:

Or even an egg (banjo) Club come to that :D

Not one of you even mentioned fried bread, only fried on one side mind you, now know what I'm having for supper:love::love:

:p ok can a very nice admin type person (JD and Jaffa cakes in the post) close this tread it is just so unfair..;) ..

Not one of you even mentioned fried bread, only fried on one side mind you, now know what I'm having for supper:love::love:
Well yes thats because we are southerners and now how to live
none of the eggy bread stuff for us! Man up and do it properly
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

:p ok can a very nice admin type person (JD and Jaffa cakes in the post) close this tread it is just so unfair..;) ..

Oh stop it Terry!
you know you don't mean that :D

I had a toasted egg sarnie in work this morning, and all I could think about was the strumming action..lol

An egg bango served with bacon is known as an "Egg Bango Royel"

I had a toasted egg sarnie in work this morning, and all I could think about was the strumming action..lol

Ah! That must be why! ...

... Whenever I meet a TP member in real life and your name comes up, they make a sort of strumming motion! :naughty: :exit:

Back