Egret in flight and having a scratch

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Still trying to get the exposures on these white birds.

4e884524.jpg

3991569e.jpg

(y) I like the first one a lot. And I know exactly what you mean about the exposure on these. Mine are either blown out or way too dark using spot or partial metering . What did you use for these?

Spot, but it was overcast so not as difficult as in bright sunshine

Two very good ones David (y) With #1 being obviously the fave, when you say you are still trying to get the exposures right what are your thoughts on these? They look pretty good to my eye or at least nothing that could not be adjusted slightly to get them to look how you would want them. Btw is that a baby Egret poking it`s head up in the grass on the right of #2 :LOL:

Nice shots, i like the first one but for me i would do a small crop from right and bottom to get the subject more to the 1/3 of photo, it puts more emphasise on the subject :)

Two very good ones David (y) With #1 being obviously the fave, when you say you are still trying to get the exposures right what are your thoughts on these? They look pretty good to my eye or at least nothing that could not be adjusted slightly to get them to look how you would want them. Btw is that a baby Egret poking it`s head up in the grass on the right of #2 :LOL:

Rich, Thanks for your reply, its the old problem of getting the feather detail in and getting a background that is not dull, using spot meetering the exposure (hopefully) is for the bird. Being so white its then difficult to get a pleasing exposure for the background.
guess this is where I need to get photoshop and do some selective work

Two crackers Doc.
Very well framed indeed with plenty for bird one to fly into.

I would have cloned the water out in shot one it distracts your eye from the bird.
Only my view and nothing to distract from a super shot.
I'm sure you know what I mean.

Regards
Paul.

Back