Eilean Donan 160 sec exposure

Name
Marie
Edit My Images
No
I shot this in April, 160 sec expo, iso 100, f10
I had to hang around waiting for the castle lights to come on, and there were some tourists on the grounds but I cloned them out as they looked like wee ghosts moving around ;)
I think I used a 6 stop nd screw-in to get the longer exposure (if I remember correctly)

Last edited:
Exellent shot.

nice shot :)

we're staying in letterfearn in september, so shooting this place on the list :)

drew

that is a really nice shot ... like it lots .. thanks :)

thank you

Exellent shot.

Cheers

first rate,like it

Thanks (y)

nice shot :)

we're staying in letterfearn in september, so shooting this place on the list :)

drew

thanks drew, hope you get good conditions for your trip :)

I'm liking the clouds and water but for me the building is too blown out. Just my opinion.

If you check the histogram you will see that nothing is blown out ;)

I think I prefer the other one you posted recently much much much more, but this is still good. Not fair to compare them really, but I will anyway :D

Gary.

I like em both, in their own rights :)

I'm liking the clouds and water but for me the building is too blown out

I was going to say the same...

If you check the histogram you will see that nothing is blown out

...and almost didn't because of the comment above. But I checked out the histogram, and am now wondering if my understanding of how they work is incorrect as it looks like it is blown from my reading of the data.

I was going to say the same...

...and almost didn't because of the comment above. But I checked out the histogram, and am now wondering if my understanding of how they work is incorrect as it looks like it is blown from my reading of the data.

On further investigation this version (I have a couple of variations) may have a few pixels sailing close to the edge :bonk:

On further investigation this version (I have a couple of variations) may have a few pixels sailing close to the edge :bonk:

You have a much shorter exposure on your site which I absolutely love, much more so. Gary.

That's the one. I deffo prefer it. Have you tried correcting the probably natural squint in the reflection to see how it compares?

Gary.

Hi CT
Nice shots.
The older (last) one for me too.
First looks as if you could clone in a couple of figure skaters ( sorry ).

Quality shot, but prefer the first one;) (the second in this tread)

Last edited:
Back