Eilean Donan HDR Pano

Edit My Images
Yes
Waiting for a sunset which didn't happen.
This was the next best thing.

I know some don't like HDR, full stop, but here it is anyway.
Eilean Donan Castle before sunset.

original.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I belong to those who don't take to HDR, but that one has a certain fairytale/fairyland look to it that isn't unapealling.

Absolutely beautiful. (y) Do you use photomatrix?

Lisa

Very fine shot.

I like HDR, but I'm sorry something isn't quite right. Not sure what it is, I will try and phathom it out.

I think it might be the composition! I will keep looking.

That's about the most cranked up I've enjoyed seeing an HDR image. This proves that anything done with skill and flair will look right. :clap:

I like HDR and i think you've used it well here, not too overcooked. :)

Hold on while I pick my jaw back up from the floor !

One small crit, is that a flag growing out the bush on the middle right ?

Fantastic work! the light had brought all some great detail on the foreground, which probably would have been lost had the sky been darker, however it's always great to catch a nice sunset in HDR when you have a great subject like this. Nice one (y)

YEP, Its a real good use of HDR. Well worth the wait, inspite theres no sunrise. can't fault it.(y)

I like it also, it's not over done at all. The only tiny niggling thing that keeps catching my eye is that rogue branch at the very top of the small tree on the right hand side of the castle. Can you/would you clone that out? It looks like a flag.

The clouds are great and the rain falling in the far distance adds to the moody feel of the photograph.

Thanks for all the comments.
Much appreciated. (y)

Indeed so, Lisa.
Photomatix and finished off in Photoshop.
HDR is a tool like all the other tools.
Just takes a little getting used to.

Thanks for the info.

I am going to buy it but not sure if I need

Photomatix Pro Price: US$ 99

Standalone application for HDR tone mapping and exposure fusion. Includes free Lightroom plugin.
[Tutorial] [Features list] [download]

Includes FREE upgrades for at least one year.
One license is valid on both Windows and Mac.

or

Photomatix Pro Plus (previously known as Photomatix Bundle) Price: US$ 119

Bundle of two products:
+ Photomatix Pro standalone program (which includes Lightroom plugin)
+ Plug-In for Photoshop CS2/CS3/CS4 [requirements]
Or Plug-In for Apple Aperture 2 (may be purchased alone)

[Features comparison]

If you are a Windows user or a Mac user not interested in the plug-in for Aperture, please check whether you need the plug-in for Photoshop.
Includes FREE upgrades for at least one year. One license is valid on both Windows and Mac. Mac users who have Photoshop and Aperture may use one license for both plug-ins.
(Note: $119 is a bundle price, the plug-in for Photoshop alone costs $69. Please contact us in case you wish to buy the Plug-In for Photoshop only. The plug-in for Aperture can be purchased below.)

I am a windows user with CS4 extended. Any advice?

Thanks.

Lisa

Last edited:
Lisa, I use the standalone version and not the plugin.
Don't really know how much of an advantage the plugin might be.

I tend to import each image to Photomatix, tonemap then save the image to a 16bit tiff.
I then import this to PS to finish off the image.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on the plugin.

I like it also, it's not over done at all. The only tiny niggling thing that keeps catching my eye is that rogue branch at the very top of the small tree on the right hand side of the castle. Can you/would you clone that out? It looks like a flag.

The clouds are great and the rain falling in the far distance adds to the moody feel of the photograph.

I had another look. That is a flag pole!

Back