Eilean Donan

Jjm

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Another done to death shot, really disappointed the bridge is not illuminated:(
Eilean Donan by John March, on Flickr

I think it's a very nice shot. If I were forced to give CC then, firstly, I would say perhaps the highlights are a bit close to being overexposed. Then, I might say the composition is a bit tight but that's really just personal preference.

Thanks Jovial agreed

I like that, very much (y)

Another done to death shot, really disappointed the bridge is not illuminated:(
Eilean Donan by John March, on Flickr

ed22 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

the over burning of the lighting can be toned down using pp, tonal adjustment then some burn and dodge
i see the flag moving so...what speed and aperture did you use...iso set at minimum of course?
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thanks Mrcrow looks a lot better.cant remember settings offhand but was probs f8 20 secs iso 100

Thanks Mrcrow looks a lot better.cant remember settings offhand but was probs f8 20 secs iso 100

that sound ok i think for this semi night shot...the floodlights beat you and would anyone who wanted a decent sky...so pp for this is necessary...at least for me
at night when one is using a tripod and long exposures try to use the most open aperture consistent with the subject....with a semi wide at two stops down would perhaps get enough detail of the shot at it is the same distance..never mind the water...so one can use a slightly shorter exposure to avoid any movement
the tripod should be rock solid..but they arent always that way
really for this one should take....several shots moving the exposure settings along each time...its always a trade off to the shadows to get the highlights fairly well exposed
cheers
geof

Back