Eileen Donan Castle

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on a recent Holiday to Scotland

Eileen800.jpg

Very nice, love the colours. Just a small point but why did you crop of the top of the reflection in the loch? It just drags my eye to it now I've noticed it.

Andy

Pesky Pirate beat me to it. Grrrrr.

Floating debris:(. Draws the eye even more. Could clone it but for me it doesn't matter. I know that the reflections there, why do I need to see it all?

I've added quite a bit of 'punch' already. I think more would be OTT. Thanks for commenting.

I know that the reflections there, why do I need to see it all?

You could cite the same point for the whole castle and then why bother taking a shot at all. Personally I'd agree that seeing the whole reflection would have given a more balanced and pleasing shot.

I'm with you on the levels of contrast and saturation, I don't see any more as being a good thing.

You posted in the Critique section , you've seen it all but we haven't :naughty:

I'm not complaining about the critique, just asking why anyone would need to see all of the reflection? You can see all of the castle, which is why, for me at least, cropping off the bottom isn't too much of an issue.

You could cite the same point for the whole castle and then why bother taking a shot at all. Personally I'd agree that seeing the whole reflection would have given a more balanced and pleasing shot.

I'm with you on the levels of contrast and saturation, I don't see any more as being a good thing.

As above, you can see the whole castle. So why do you need to see the whole reflection? I can see that it might be more balanced in one respect, but the bottom of the castle would be moved more centrally in the image (vertically). That for me, detracts far more than cropping the reflection where I have (Which I might add, I took some time deciding upon). I can post a different crop if you like, so you might be able to see where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
I like it as is, gives a nice wide view.

I've a few shots of this castle but from the other side further along the road but I have what look like ants in red rainproofs crawling all over it ;)

It's quite good image but the brickwork looks a bit soft to me - compression for the web maybe?

The cut-off reflection doesn't bother me as the focal point is the castle.
Close with your spelling too - Eilean ;)

I like it as is, gives a nice wide view.

I've a few shots of this castle but from the other side further along the road but I have what look like ants in red rainproofs crawling all over it ;)

Cloned out my 'ants' ;) thanks

It's quite good image but the brickwork looks a bit soft to me - compression for the web maybe?

The cut-off reflection doesn't bother me as the focal point is the castle.
Close with your spelling too - Eilean ;)

Must be compression. Sp - hands up - Never was my strong point.

One of my fave castles and a nice shot. Don't like the flagpole at least I think it's a flagpole :thinking:

Back