Elan, Kodacolour Gold, Lensbaby...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Recipe for a bit of fun - but boy is it a toughie to get right (best on a digital I feel!)

Ahem... daff shot :D

daffs-800.jpg

dog-800.jpg

path-800.jpg

Canon Elan IIe, standard Lensbaby with f/8 mask, Kodacolour Gold ISO200 (1998), Tetenal, Vehu scanner. Go easy, still the first batch of colour stuff from me!

The dog one looks fantastic, really atmospheric. The highlights at the top are blotchy but that could just be a gamut or jpeg "issue". Daffodils are also quite nice but don't quite do it for me. The path is a little too psychedelic for me!

thanks... the path is as it came from the camera, no colour messing :LOL: The Lensbaby has a mind of it's own when it comes to optics - both clarity and colour. As I said though, with film you're never quite sure until the last rinse drains away!

Woahhh - haven't seen stuff like that since I ate a mushroom omelette at Glastonbury back in my mis-spent youth! :)

The path is a little too psychedelic for me!

I'm not really a fan of the lensbaby look but think I like the path best -- somehow seems to suit the lensbaby.

...probably a combination of the colour and focus.

Here's a few more from the same roll, wee messing colour-wise, then just de-fluffed/-scratched/-dog-haired :LOL:

4-26-2010_013-800.jpg

4-26-2010_009-800.jpg

4-26-2010_007-800.jpg

4-26-2010_005-800.jpg

4-26-2010_004-800.jpg

W/o out internet at home unless I use this horrid o2 Dongle so I can't see the pictures yet :( Absoloutely love the idea though... strangely, Now I cant wait to get to work so I can have a look at these pics...

Can't wait to get to work... Didn't think I would say that to many times in my life :LOL:

To be honest, not a HUGE fan of any of the shots EXCEPT number 3 in the first post, that has such an ability to lead you into the photo... and judging by the effects and color, where ever its leading you, its going to be fun :LOL:

Bry

Thanks, and to be fair the f/8 mask is a bit of a non-starter unless you want extreme sillines like these. The f/16 mask is much more sensible giving better colour, a larger and sharper decent-image area, and general all-round nicer pics. On that same note, you should see it wide open...:naughty:

Work eh? Done two mornings last week, two this week and one tomorrow, then back to two full days next week, OT review, then three full days the next... then slowly up to full speed by end of summer. I am *so* wanting to get back full time! Have been stuck in Inspection so far but was asked if I was ready for the Nexus yesterday... *Am I* ?

Must admit Arthur, for all my moaning about work, when it comes down to it I absolutely love my job and am lucky to have it :)

Glad to hear things are starting to move in a positive direction for you bud, if you don't mind me asking, what is it you actually do for a job?

Bry

Err. Well, right now QC :LOL: Actually, Ambermile is a small CNC workshop here in Hempnall... couple of machines that are really a hobby now, that I use for making telescope and related parts. Proper job is in Gt Yarmouth for the oil industry making well-retrieval systems, so again, CNC three, four and five axis machining is the order of the day. The Nexus is (are) the latest range of CNC machines from Yamazaki, *very* nice.

Sounds like it could be a very interesting job! :) Gt. Yarmouth... how close to there are you? I often end up that way in the summer to get away for a day or 2, might have to swing by and say hello :)

Bry

NR15 2LJ :D

Edited now, so those of you subscribed get the house code, this is the workshop...

Excellent :) I'll have to give you a shout sometime, be interesting to see your collection! :)

Bry

Back