D

Deleted member 34016

Taken on a recent drive out - didn't even get out of the Car :p Bad Knee

Sony a77 Mk2 with 18-70mm kit lens

Looks better on Flickr- just click on the image

Dam - Elan Valley 2015 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the water coming over that one. Did you head further down the Valley. I've done two series on the Elan Valley

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/elan-valley-reflections-reservoirs/

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/elan-valley-landscape-photography/

Its an amazingly photogenic place.

Thank you Steve- No i did'nt it was a business trip to a fellow Game Keeper in that area,( Im was buying a Shotgun from Him) So, I was just passing through so to speak

Maybe return there again as there are endless possibilities for Togging

Les

Ps looked at your images they are amazing- lovely light

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ST4
Thank you Steve- No i did'nt it was a business trip to a fellow Game Keeper in that area,( Im was buying a Shotgun from Him) So, I was just passing through so to speak

Maybe return there again as there are endless possibilities for Togging

Les

Ps looked at your images they are amazing- lovely light

Cheers. If you do go back, the Elan Valley hotel is recommended, great meals and cheap clean rooms.

Cheers. If you do go back, the Elan Valley hotel is recommended, great meals and cheap clean rooms.

Thank you Steve- I will bear that in mind

Les

Reactions: ST4
Nice to see water over the dam, especially at this time of year.
Don't discount the Red Kite B&B, the actual Elan Valley visitors centre is good for tea & cakes and some interesting displays.

My Parents used to live in Nant Glas :)

Very nice Les, might be an optical illusion due to perspective but it looks like it might be leaning down left a little?

Very nice Les, might be an optical illusion due to perspective but it looks like it might be leaning down left a little?

I think that's because it's a curved structure... the verticals are upright

Agree about it being good.

Brilliant picture Les, I was up there a couple of year ago and didn't manage one decent picture of the dam, so its good to see some had more luck than I did,

Geoff

Nice to see water over the dam, especially at this time of year.
Don't discount the Red Kite B&B, the actual Elan Valley visitors centre is good for tea & cakes and some interesting displays.

My Parents used to live in Nant Glas :)

I live around 4 hours from there- I was up in that area on Business- But thanks for the comments

Should have gone to Spec Savers :p

I think that's because it's a curved structure... the verticals are upright

Agree about it being good.

I agree the verticals are straight and the dam is curved- thank you for your comments

Brilliant picture Les, I was up there a couple of year ago and didn't manage one decent picture of the dam, so its good to see some had more luck than I did,

Geoff

Cheers Geoff.the noise was unbelievable, even from that distance

Les ;)

I live around 4 hours from there- I was up in that area on Business

Nice place to do business :D When the sun shines it's beautiful.

The playground in Rhayader has the river running through it, nera the campsite. Quite a pretty stretch of river, as it the part by the visitor centre

Back