Elemental Ultra Studio Lights

i have no idea what they like, but for the price, your into bowens and d lite studios in a box things, better brand you can build off, but wait for some more experienced answers(y)

There is nothing specific on that page that says "stay away" but that's the feeling I'm getting anyway.

I suspect the quality may leave a little too much to be desired and I have a problem with the really low power kits too. I'd much rather start a kit going one head at a time and go for something at least 300/400 .

The versatility will be a job saver before too long.

Yep, i was thinking the same thing.. Iv got my eye on a set of Bowens Gemini 500's.. iv just got to find the funds!! lol.. or at least JUSTIFY it to the wife by getting some payed work out of them!! lol..
Thx for the replies..

Isn't that the guy who posted about a compo to win a set of lights on here (deleted as spam I believe)? He might be around tho to offer some info?

I think iv made a decision.. if im going to get some lights iv gotta have a day in a studio first.. it'll probably be at Digital Depot.. i'll see how it goes and if im still as keen to go into this area then i'll get a good set of lights.. like i said, im looking at Bowens.. but im not 100% on that yet..

Iv seen these..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=120206343788&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Looks like it could be a good deal, but at the last min it'll shoot up in price i guess.. its the 3rd head that really caught my eye.. Shame it hasnt got the travel pack with it..

That is a nice looking kit with just the right spec to make sure you don't find it wanting as soon as you get out of a shoebox studio.

I went into Calumet to hire a nice lens for the weekend and they had the 500's on show.. they look nice, i had a look at the 1000w jobbie.. very nice..

The only thing is, this set on ebay are listed as Esprite 2.. but i cant find them ANYWHERE.. the only one i DID find was a 1000w head, but even that didnt have the '2' next to the name..

I think this auctions gonna get a bit rich for me but im still watching.. lol...

Back