Elements 10

Edit My Images
No
I have just purchased Elements 10 at a good price, and I wish to put it on a new laptop to be used mainly for editing, I also have other work laptops as well, so my question is, as E10 got a limit on the number of laptops I can put it on?

I understood you can install it on 2 machines, as long as you don't run both copies at the same time, although I don't know how they would know?

This is from the EULA that came with my copy of E10:

"2.5 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.6, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.2 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

2.6 Restrictions on Secondary Use by Volume Licensees. If the Software was obtained under an Adobe volume license program (currently known as Adobe Open Options) by any licensee other than an educational volume licensee, the second copy of the Software made under Section 2.5 must be used solely for the benefit and business of that volume licensee. For more information about secondary use by volume licensees, please visit our website at http://www.adobe.com/go/open_options. "

I take that to mean that I can have two copies of the program installed on two seperate computers but can't use them both at the same time - how the hell would I? Also, that the second copy can only be used for my benefit. Oddly, doesn't appear to say that the first copy has to be used for my benefit :)

The first is to dissallow someone else using a copy whilst you are using the other, or for your simultaneous use to be editing a second image whilst applying any longish procedures to another on the other PC, using it twice sumultaneously rather than buying two copies.

The second applies to volume licenses, as it says, not home users such as you and I, it could also be arguably to dissallow commercial useage for benefit of others I suppose?
HTH.

Back