Elements 7 v Lightroom 2

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Had Lightroom 2 on the go for a couple of months but really struggled to get anywhere fast. Used Adobe Design Centre on-line for some video tutorials but still found it all hard going. So now i have switched to Elements 7! Questions: Should i have stuck with Lightroom or is Elements the right move? Does anybody have a decent tutorial link for Elements?
Been into photography for about 6 months but finding the software side of things a little daunting. Any help would be much appreciated.:bonk:

Lightroom is more than just an editing program. If you use it fully it's a way or organising and searching your photo's.

But if you organise your photos using seperate folders for dates or subjects and only want a program for editing elements will be fine in getting the job done. :)

My main aim is to carry out small alterations so as you put it Elements should be adequate. I still have the option to load Lightroom back on but looks as if Elements will do for now.
Thanks Adam

LR (as has been said many times) is a complete work flow management tool, but lacks more powerful image editting tools in elements or PS.

Elements is a general pho editing and now management tool and will be all that many people will ever require - horses for courses ..

Thanks for the info, just been on your link, fantastic pictures, how much editing did you use for the landscape shot in Scotland?

Elements is a fine editor and covers most needs and although I have and know how to use CS3 the majority of my images have been processed in Elements.

The organizer part of Elements is also a pretty good dam program as well.
If you do decide to use it for organzing your image just remember to do all deletions and moving of image files through it to avoid data base problems (as you should with any DAM program) ,also remember to back up your catalog regually.

I've got Elements 6 and Lightroom 2 and rarely, if ever, use Elements, for the simple reason that I find it unduly complicated. I find Lightroom much easier, so if you're finding that difficult I'd suggest that you might find Elements even more so. But as has been said, it's horses for courses.

I think the applications are complimentary.

I use Lightroom (still on 1.x at the moment) for general corrections to levels, sharpening etc and any RAW development actions before exporting to JPEG. This is normally enough.

If I need to do some advanced things - dodging / burning / blending skies and foregrounds I'll resort to PSE (currently on version 6).

Many thanks for all your replys, i am sure i will get there eventually but does look as if i am a way of yet!

Will someone convince carlzola one way or the other as it's me who installs all his software for him :geek: So far we've had Paint Shop Pro -> Elements 6 - Lightroom2 - Elements 7.

:wave: carlzola :D

Does anybody have a decent tutorial link for Elements?

Take a look at the "Scott Kelby Books" really good tutorials and very very easy to follow, try Amazon.co.uk as I've found they have the best prices for them.

Back