Elements 9

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
My PC came with Elements 9 installed. I don't use it very often but last week I needed to adjust a photo. On opening Elements the Menu bar drop down boxes are empty.

Any idea if this an issue after downloads Windows 10? And if it can be sorted without updating to Elements 15?

My PC came with Elements 9 installed. I don't use it very often but last week I needed to adjust a photo. On opening Elements the Menu bar drop down boxes are empty.

Any idea if this an issue after downloads Windows 10? And if it can be sorted without updating to Elements 15?

I have a different problem with Elements 11 on my W10 laptop. I hardly ever use it as I very rarely do any image editting on my laptop so I won't buy another single licence copy of PaintShop for it. Elements doesn't have any licence restrictions and I had it already. Last week I was away from home, needed to do some simple editting so fired up Elements 11 and couldn't get at all the tools as they display in a single column, not a double column, and I can't get to the ones that have run off the bottom of the screen. It displays as it should on my XP desktop. Long story short, while googling for an answer (as I figured it's a W10 issue) I also found your problem. It's something to do with the fonts used by Elements having been removed from Windows. Google it - I don't think a newer version of Elements will solve it. For some reason I don't have the blank drop down box problem and my older version of Elements (7) runs perfectly - just won't read the raws from the newer of my two cameras.

Photoshop Elements 15.0
Windows
  • 1.6GHz or faster processor with SSE2 support
  • 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 5GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation and additional 2GB required to download all optional content)
  • 1024x768 display resolution (at 100% scale factor)
  • Microsoft DirectX 9 or 10 compatible display driver
  • DVD-ROM drive (for installation from DVD)
  • Internet connection required for product activation and content download*
I think element 15 was done because of windows 10

looks as though you will need this version if that is any help
I have version14
and it doesn't say about working with Windows10

Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 14.1 (20151206.m.83730) x64
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Last edited:
I have PSE 9 on a Laptop which I upgraded from W7 to W10 and PSE 9 works perfectly. I did not need to do anything to PSE 9 to get it to work with W10.

It seems to be working again - weird. I suppose it saves me a few pennies.

Back