Scotland Elie in Fife-Looking for locations for wildlife and landscapes .

Name
Cathy
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all! Going to be in Elie for few days next week and looking for some nice locations to photograph and also hoping for some wildlife locations too.

Have a drive up to Tentsmuir Nature Reserve, you might get lucky and catch some seals on the beach.

http://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/visit/tentsmuir

Just around the coast from Elie is a small chocolate box town called Crail which is lovely and quieter than St. Andrews while being just as nice. There's an old RAF base just north of the town which you can explore if you're looking for something different to do.

Thank you Rubber soul and Sarky I have saved this information and will definitely visit these locations

I've not photographed the area but my sister used to live there.

From memory elie itself is quite pretty with a lighthouse on the headland.

St monans I believe has the zig zag sea walk that you see in long exposure shots.

Crail is nice, there is a shot at blue hour from the coastal path looking north that I'd go for if I were you.

The ex raf base is leuchars, I've sat in an f3 there and saw a qra launch firsthand.

I've not photographed the area but my sister used to live there

Crail is nice, there is a shot at blue hour from the coastal path looking north that I'd go for if I were you.
Craig do you have a link to the image of that shot ?

I've not photographed the area but my sister used to live there.
Small world... I’ve not really photographed much up there but my sister still lives there :)

The ex raf base is leuchars, I've sat in an f3 there and saw a qra launch firsthand.
The Base at Leuchars is EX RAF but (afaik) is now an Army Base so still under MoD control.

The coast line generally from St Andrews south can provide photographic potential. Too late to go now, but if you return a cruise to the Isle of May (from Anstruther) is a nice day. Pittenweem offers picturesque narrow streets and cottages as well as a trip to the Pittenweem chocolate shop is worth while if you like that particular delicacy.

Back