Elie tower, Fife

Edit My Images
Yes
Early rise (again) and despite the 87% cloud cover forecast, we decided (a couple of friends and myself) to give it a go and see what happens.
Never mind the forecast, we arrived at the place and it was less than 40% cloud cover so our expectations were quite high and indeed they were paid off, a superb sunrise.
Not the best of the areas for shooting but there were a couple of good spots if the light helped and indeed it did.
I had to compose this one in a way so i would catch only the lit up parts of the structure and avoid dark spots, a 4 stop nd grad soft was used, inserted sideways from the top right.

2s - f/16 at 17.0mm iso100

Link for larger image

2237458980_f44b3c424c.jpg

Beautiful, lovely warm colour and great detail in the stone work. Wouldn't expect anything less from you!

that is one amazing pic
bet you v pleased with self!

Beautiful shot. Love the sky and the way the sun is warming those stones and casting that orange colour (y)

Like that very much. The way you have caught the light on the stones is superb. I held my hand over the sun/sky & looked at just the stones. It still works without the sun. Good work

Fantastic picture in a fantastic little town. It's been said already but I love the effect the sun has on the stonework.

Back