Elinchrom 44cm Beauty Dish

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Perhaps an odd question but does anyone know if the grid for the above beauty dish rotates around the dish or does it fit in a fixed position?

Regards...

It's held in places with some screws that go behind the rim, from memory I think they're loose enough for it to freely rotate but if not then you can loosen to rotate.

It's held in places with some screws that go behind the rim, from memory I think they're loose enough for it to freely rotate but if not then you can loosen to rotate.

Yeah, that’s correct. I have one in Silver but can’t see why you’d want to rotate the grid when it’s fixed on. Sturdy piece of kit but not cheap!

Yeah, that’s correct. I have one in Silver but can’t see why you’d want to rotate the grid when it’s fixed on. Sturdy piece of kit but not cheap!

Been experimenting with polarisers over lights and on the camera. The grid on my square box doesn't rotate and I wanted to try rotating both the light and the camera polarisers to see which effects were possible.

Regards...

Been experimenting with polarisers over lights and on the camera. The grid on my square box doesn't rotate and I wanted to try rotating both the light and the camera polarisers to see which effects were possible.

Regards...
Rotating the light isn't necessary, all that you need to rotate is the linear polarising screen, and if you fit it on the outside of the honeycomb then you don't need to rotate the actual honeycomb.

Back