Elinchrom accessory recommendations please

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I have 2 Elinchrom D-Lite2 with softboxes, and now I'm looking for some accessories which seem expensive :( - Standard Reflector, Honeycomb Grid, Snoot.

If I buy one of each, which size would be the most useful? Are there any cheaper alternatives? I don't think there's a compatible reflector, but I'm not sure about the other items. Also, the cheapest place to buy?

I can give you an answer on the snoot, it's the same answer to the famous bit in 'Punch' (I think) many years ago - "Advice for gentlemen contemplating matrimony. Don't"

Just get a roll of Blackwrap, also sold under the name 'Cinefoil'. It's a thick black alluminium foil, same as cooking foil but thicker and coated black both sides. Use it to make your own snoot, of the exact size and shape you want. Blackwrap is also used for just about everything else in the studio - as flags, absorbers, gobos, cookies.

Honeycombs - depends on the type of shooting you're doing and the amount of space you have. The Elinchrom standard reflector is 7", most honeycombs produced by other makers are too...

Many thanks for the reply Garry. I'm learning portraits at home with limited space, just as a hobby - family, grandchildren. Will I need an adapter ring to fit 'other makers' honeycombs to the Elinchrom reflector?

Many thanks for the reply Garry. I'm learning portraits at home with limited space, just as a hobby - family, grandchildren. Will I need an adapter ring to fit 'other makers' honeycombs to the Elinchrom reflector?

If you get any 7" diameter honeycomb (balcar, alien bees, bowens, profoto and a host of others, it will just snap into place, no adapter needed. in a small space you'll probably find that 15 degrees or thereabouts will be fine.
I have a few, from 3 to 45 degrees, the 45 degree ones have never been used:crying:

Back