Elinchrom or 3rd party softboxes

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to get some softboxes to use with my 400 FX system (plus 2x 250 and 2x 500 Elinchrom Classics). Probably a 1400 octo, 1400x 400 (or therabouts)

There are various suppliers, but how does one evaluate the quality of their product when a 1.2m octagonal varies from £40 to over £400. Usually I'd go with price=quality, but I've seen several articles from respected studio artists (Gary Edwards being one) who point out that cheap isn't necessarily poor quality.

Do you have any recommendations?

I'm looking to get some softboxes to use with my 400 FX system (plus 2x 250 and 2x 500 Elinchrom Classics). Probably a 1400 octo, 1400x 400 (or therabouts)

There are various suppliers, but how does one evaluate the quality of their product when a 1.2m octagonal varies from £40 to over £400. Usually I'd go with price=quality, but I've seen several articles from respected studio artists (Gary Edwards being one) who point out that cheap isn't necessarily poor quality.

Do you have any recommendations?
If you have the budget, get the best. if you don't, get a cheaper one and improve it

Back