Beginner Elizabeth Tower

A very nicely exposed image, I think although it was shot at blue hour I'd still warm it up a touch, the main thing I'd like to see however is some distortion correction, you've got the shot perfectly level, but if you look at the tower on the left of frame it's leaning more than a certain Italian landmark :D depending on the software that you've got for editing its fairly easy to fix (y)

Matt

A very nicely exposed image, I think although it was shot at blue hour I'd still warm it up a touch, the main thing I'd like to see however is some distortion correction, you've got the shot perfectly level, but if you look at the tower on the left of frame it's leaning more than a certain Italian landmark :D depending on the software that you've got for editing its fairly easy to fix (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I've managed to straighten the tower :) but not sure how I'd warm the picture up. I have PSE11

Thanks Matt,

I've managed to straighten the tower :) but not sure how I'd warm the picture up. I have PSE11

Did you shoot RAW? If so then it's just a case of adjusting the white balance a small amount (y) glad you've got the correction sorted :)

if not in PSE , layers - adjustment layer - hue and saturation - then move the saturation slider slightly to the right (maybe +4 or 5) , don't get carried away or it will look really false.

I like the final image and actually that's got so much potential for other edits if you make copies. These some moody detail,in that sky and I bet it would look good with a contrasty black and white conversion.

Nicely composed and exposed image.

Back