Ellies spring photos

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I just caught the last of the daffodils around here for some spring photos of Ellie, my wife has been on at me for this for a while so good job too :bat:

ellie-spring-3.jpg

ellie-spring-16.jpg

ellie-spring-13.jpg

ellie-spring-12.jpg

ellie-spring-8.jpg

ellie-spring-110.jpg

Excellent set, I particularly like all the ones with no, or very little sky.
I'd be very well pleased to have taken these.

With the last one - is that a trend to have the subject relatively small in the frame ?

Absolutely gorgeous!! Number 8 for me :)

But all of them nice - hard to choose a stand-out one :eek:)

Beautiful set of shot's there, love the last one.

Lovely photographs there Matt! Especially number 3 :)
Thanks!
Excellent set, I particularly like all the ones with no, or very little sky.
I'd be very well pleased to have taken these.

With the last one - is that a trend to have the subject relatively small in the frame ?
Thank you (y) With the last one I wanted to show her in the surroundings, with all the blossom and the sun in the frame, more of an image as a whole than a portrait by itself.

Absolutely gorgeous!! Number 8 for me :)

But all of them nice - hard to choose a stand-out one :eek:)

Many thanks!

No 4 for me- very natural pose and absolute cracker of a shot

Les (y)

lovely set, no 3 is just wonderful. i love the tones and the processing too. just lovely.

I love number 3 and prefer it over number 4 because I like the higher high key effect and number 4 could either be laughing, shouting or crying.

Would love to know your PP techniques in the high key area I would like to try some high key shots, all though I have filters etc that will do it in photoshop I would prefer to know a technique that I can adjust as I like.

They are all really nice photos

With number 9 I think it would have been really good if you could have postioned your self abit more to the left and down so that that pool of light in the background was framed around her head?

Stuart

No 4 for me- very natural pose and absolute cracker of a shot
Les (y)
thanks!

Stunning! Lovely photographs, well composed and they just "pop" :)
Cheers :)

lovely set, no 3 is just wonderful. i love the tones and the processing too. just lovely.
Thank you (y)
What a cracking set

I love number 3 and prefer it over number 4 because I like the higher high key effect and number 4 could either be laughing, shouting or crying.

Would love to know your PP techniques in the high key area I would like to try some high key shots, all though I have filters etc that will do it in photoshop I would prefer to know a technique that I can adjust as I like.
Mostly done in camera, a little bit in LR and PS but minimal

5 and 8 do it for me. Lovely little model, great lighting - beautiful.
thanks!

They are all really nice photos

With number 9 I think it would have been really good if you could have postioned your self abit more to the left and down so that that pool of light in the background was framed around her head?

Stuart
coundnt do much else on this one, I wanted the blossom in and there were elements to the left and right i didnt want in the frame, public toilets or a bench. lol

These are a lovely set. I can imagine your wife loves them. All really beautiful.

Elvis

Great shots Matt. I took a wander around the town park last week and wished id taken either a niece or nephew with me. Loads of Daffs about and great weather to get some portraits.

Good work (y)

These are a lovely set. I can imagine your wife loves them. All really beautiful.

Elvis
Yeh she is, gonna cost me an arm and a leg in wall display though :bang:

2 & 3 Matt, 3 is really good.
thanks
Great shots Matt. I took a wander around the town park last week and wished id taken either a niece or nephew with me. Loads of Daffs about and great weather to get some portraits.

Good work (y)
Ah your local are you? thanks!
lovely! 2, 3 & 4 are gorgeous
x
(y)cheers
How do you pick a favourite? 2,4,8 or 9

Stunning set.
cheers mate (y)

A really nice set Matt!! Some cracking expressions too.

No.3 is my fave :)

Love the composition of the first - great natural frame you've used there.

For the close ups I would have liked to have see her more "in the daffs" with some in the foreground as well as those behind. But they are good as they are.

My fave is number 2 - one for the wall I think :)

Was this the D800 in use here....?

ryanyboy said:
Love the composition of the first - great natural frame you've used there.

For the close ups I would have liked to have see her more "in the daffs" with some in the foreground as well as those behind. But they are good as they are.

My fave is number 2 - one for the wall I think :)

Was this the D800 in use here....?

Cheers Ryan, yes d800. I have some regret with this shoot, gonna cost me a small fortune with loxley ;)

Great set Matt, really nice. a few things if I may

#2. The space around her works really well.

#4 Is the only one I don't like. I'm not 100% sure how to read her expression.

Cheers Ryan, yes d800. I have some regret with this shoot, gonna cost me a small fortune with loxley ;)

:LOL: Funnily enough I took a very similar picture of my niece - spookily called Ellie-Mae, last spring. It's this one and it's on my wall as a gorgeous Loxley Bevel Edge Print. And I see they have an excellent price on the 20"x16" one (just £40 - which is fab price)

5606963506_8e08930d30_b.jpg

(not wishing to hijack the thread - but noticed the similarities - name, flowers and final output)

Also Matt, it doesn't look like you had any issues with focusing etc…. All the reports seem to suggest that unless you're technique is robot-like you can't take a decent picture! :D

Last edited:
ryanyboy said:
:LOL: Funnily enough I took a very similar picture of my niece - spookily called Ellie-Mae, last spring. It's this one and it's on my wall as a gorgeous Loxley Bevel Edge Print. And I see they have an excellent price on the 20"x16" one (just £40 - which is fab price)

(not wishing to hijack the thread - but noticed the similarities - name, flowers and final output)

Also Matt, it doesn't look like you had any issues with focusing etc…. All the reports seem to suggest that unless you're technique is robot-like you can't take a decent picture! :D

Yes loxley have some great deals right now'! Great pic and yes very similar! Cant beat a few dafs and good light.

As for the d800, no issues. Great camera, outer focus points a bit iffy but then I don't use them for that reason. They all are. I've done 3 portrait shoots with it now and one wedding. The files are stunning, noise handling better than d700, detail is outstanding as is dynamic range. I don't find I have to be more careful, an image is either sharp or it's not. It doesn't require a tripod all day and you don't have to stop breathing and prey when you press the shutter. Sure if you want to get the best sharpness and detail from it you ll need good glass but otherwise... I just shoot the damn thing ;)

I only have one complaint with it, the colours are off on the LCD, too green.

What a gorgeous series, and a very pretty little girl!
I adore the last shot of her dancing under the Magnolia.
I bet your wife is thrilled to bits with these.

I don't normally comment in the portrait section as it's not my thing but always try to look at everything. (helps with the learning). Just have to say these are fabulous, very hard to pick a favorite but if pushed no4 just wins, love the pose. Your wife must be chuffed.

Very nice set of pics
See, Harlow is not all roundabouts!

Lovely set, favs being 2, 3, and 4. The BW conversion is great, still screams spring/summer even with the colour gone.

number 3 in my favourite was it set up or did you just capture the moment?

#3 my fave, but what a beautiful set.

Back