Elves Umbrellas

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
A creek winds its way among the willows in the glen below my patio where elves and goblins dwell. :eek:
Funny thing is that although you can see them sheltering under fungi and nasturtiums, they just don't come out in photographs ... :thinking:
Fungi02.jpg

Fungi04.jpg

Fungi07.jpg

Fungi06.jpg

Shot with an Olympus 5mps compact in super macro mode.
Fungi08.jpg

Last edited:
I like the fungi shots compostionally, but they look like they needed some more light in there, the shadows lack the detail that would really make them pop. It looks like an overcast day so maybe some fill in flash might have helped a little. The Fly is nice but maybe crop so he he sits on the thirds line to make the image even better? (y)

:LOL::LOL: good stuff Mark, and yes that little C5050Z was a pleasure to use, i was even thinking about picking up a used one again just carry about with me, the little zoom image when doing close up stuff was really handy.

I like the fungi shots compostionally, but they look like they needed some more light in there, the shadows lack the detail that would really make them pop. It looks like an overcast day so maybe some fill in flash might have helped a little. The Fly is nice but maybe crop so he he sits on the thirds line to make the image even better? (y)
Thanks for the helpful hints Yvonne - it was heavily overcast and a showery day as you guessed, and images above are non-edited versions.
Rightly or wrongly I prefer ambient lighting and make contrast and shadow adjustments in CS3.
Here is my edited version that I had printed as a greeting card.
Fungi10.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL: good stuff Mark, and yes that little C5050Z was a pleasure to use, i was even thinking about picking up a used one again just carry about with me, the little zoom image when doing close up stuff was really handy.
gidday Rich, and thanks! - If you can pick up a C5050 in good condition, then definately go for it. I actually had mine fully overhauled and restored to as new condition by Olympus New York when I visited the US in 2005. I don't do much macro work and rather than buy a dedicated lens for my E520 and E3, the C5050 comes in handy for the odd shot. (y)

Back