Elvington, Sat 18/08/07

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

Visited Elvington yesterday, loads of heavy cloud, drizzle at 3.30pm, rain from 4.00pm, a heavily revised flying schedule, loads of stuff missing :crying:, and the usual chaos trying to get out of the car park after the display. :LOL:

But having said all that an enjoyable day, worth it for the Hunters alone in my oppinion, the put on a great show.

Here's a few for starters hope you enjoy, all full frame uncropped :D 1D mkII with 300mm f4 'L' with the 1.4x converter :love:, comments most welcome.

Alan

Wet, Wet, Wet

MP3Y7054afc.jpg
[/IMG]

a nice SAR helicopter

MP3Y5979afc.jpg
[/IMG]

The Hunters

MP3Y6924afc.jpg
[/IMG]

MP3Y6229afc.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice captures of the Hunters, Miss Demeanor looks beautiful as usual. Thanks for posting.
Dean:)

Thanks for the comments guys, yes Chris I bet the Hunters look much better against a nice blue sky, whatever one of those is?

Alan

Well you got a few results Alan even if the weather was against you, Thanks for ringing me BTW..:)

The Hunters are always very photogenic but those skies are awful arnt they.:(

Glad you had a nice day though, Don't forget Sherburn Regional Rally next weekend if you can make it, Would be nice to have at least one decent day's weather this year..:D

Link for next weekend Alan

Thanks for that Tim, that looks interesting for next Saturday, any idea what time it kicks off?, I'm travelling back from Cambridge on Saturday morning, so might be able to get there for midday perhaps ?

Alan

any idea what time it kicks off?, I'm travelling back from Cambridge on Saturday morning, so might be able to get there for midday perhaps ?

Alan

Will get some more info and let you know Alan.

Bloody weather has spoilt most programs this summer, Hope we get at least one good day..:bang:

Cheers for that Tim.

Alan

nice.

I may have to request a larger version of that last one. i am a good friend of the guy who painted that actual jet! ( believe it or not ) and I'm sure he would love to see this photo.
thanks for sharing!

Rick

Nice shots love the hunters,
Again im fed up of getting wet.
I waited to see what the weather was like on sat morn and decided no.
Hope to make this weekend prob sunday and weather is down to be a cracker.
As for getting to and out of shows, i think i is even more weather dependent because if there are only 2 of us attending from our house hold of 7 and 1 dog.
It will be on the wifes motorbike till i get round to getting mine back on the road.
All the ebst,
James

Back