em1mk11 laowa 7.5 poss conflict

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just purchase the laowa 7.5 f/2 lens .Although i tend to use peaking when shooting landscapes on a tripod i cannot seem to obtain it with this lens on my OM1 mk11. Firmware 3.0.
Forgive my ingnorance here but i hope it is just my error and not the lens. I have no problem with the 12-100 f4 but with the laowa i am not even seeing the focus confirmation either so am at a loss .
Lots of togs are using this lens on the same body with no issues ,it seems and i have done a fair bit of searching but cannot find an answer. Dont kno wif it is a firmware update needed either.
But when i check create the lens info settings in the camera menu( olympus 9mm 8.0 fisheye ) and 15mm f/8.0 is whats showing and im not sure if the laowa should show or not being manual. IM Stuck.

Check the lens contacts and that the lens is connecting correctly. Have you got AF+MF and MF Assist on. If that's not working reset the camera, sometimes they get conflicts that need a quick reset. Not sure what else to suggest, I've just gotten the 10mm and it works perfectly.

Thank you ,but i think i have got it sorted. With this lens being totally manual and having no electronic conection with the camera i had to programme another button to focus peaking and it does the job. But i think i will still download and install the lates firmware. Thank you again.

Back