Emerald Damselflies

Edit My Images
Yes
I am fairly sure these are Male and Female Emerald Damselflies ... let me know if my ID is wrong.

197_074.jpg

197_071.jpg

197_072.jpg

First 2 I believe are immature males, the powdery blue bloom at both ends of the abdomen not fully developed. The last is the female with a slightly thicker abdomen.

First 2 I believe are immature males, the powdery blue bloom at both ends of the abdomen not fully developed. The last is the female with a slightly thicker abdomen.

(y)

Thanks for confirming the ID, and thanks for the comments

Those are very vibrant shots... very nice indeed :)

#1 is the best for me. Excellent sharpness all the way down and great standout from the background.

#1 is the best for me. Excellent sharpness all the way down and great standout from the background.

Yep, have to agree with Mark. Standout one for me is No1 :clap:

Thanks chaps, that was the one I could get square on to, which always helps.

The slight problem I had was that these were taken from an area known as the marsh, the realisation that I was sinking slightly did cause me to abandon my plan to get into a better position for the female :D

My fav is no 2 vibrant colours, brilliant backgroud!
Very very sharp,,,, they never land for me and just how DO you get them SO sharp Martyn?

I love the hairs on its legs lol

My fav is no 2 vibrant colours, brilliant backgroud!
Very very sharp,,,, they never land for me and just how DO you get them SO sharp Martyn?

I love the hairs on its legs lol

Thanks Jenny

Those were using a 300mm f4 AF-S @ f7.1, pretty handy as I can get to within 5 feet of them.

You need to get the light right, the sun was behind me coming over my shoulder, it really does help define the detail in the subject.

I always use a monopod, or tripod (these were using a monopod)

They were taken early evening so the little devils were in a more settled mood, in fact I could get pretty close.

Right... next trip out to local pond... 17-300mm lens, AF-S @f7.1, monopod.... early evening! will post any that are good enough, IF i can see any that land ...all i ever seem to see is a flash of colour then they are gone!

Back